Laser printer printing dirty pages after refilling toner. I have a new drum. Please help.?

So I own a Panasonic Laser printer and after the toner was running low, I purchased some toner refill for the same printer off amazon. I already had a new drum installed for a week and it was printing fine but after I refilled the toner and put it in the drum, my printer started printing out dirty pages. Even if I printed out a white page, it would come out with gray specs throughout the paper. The printer has a separate drum/toner and I believe that the toner empties into the drum when you attach the two together. After I started getting dirty pages I took the toner out and opened it and found that it was empty even though I just filled it up. I'm guessing all of the refilled toner went into the drum because now when I print without the toner installed on top of the drum, it still prints dirty pages. I tried manually cleaning it but it just seemed to make it worse. My printer software did not come with any sort of cleaning utility. Should I take my printer to bestbuy or something to have them service it? I really dont want my new drum to go to waste.

Please help!

Favorite Answer

You issue is that you refilled the toner and didn't replace andy gearings or electrostatic rollars.

Replace the toner with a new toner or profesionally repurbished toner.

Print a pile of blank pages until you get a clean print.

You may need to replace the drum if you had too much spillage from the refilled toner.

Taking it in for servicing isn't going to do anything, you are just going to end up paying somebody $50 to tell you to replace the toner and drum.

• rutty

Panasonic Toner Refill

if you have a solid grey/ghost print all over the page then the toner you installed was not the correct toner for that machine. did the box have your model of printer listed on it? with most laser printers if you use a "generic" toner you will get problems right away when you install the toner. if it was me i would have the toner removed and have the developer unit cleaned out and have all of the waste toner removed and then reinstall with panasonic OEM toner. if it was only a toner spill you would only have a dirty back on your page printed it would look like Black streaks/smears/lines. i don't think it is a spill. good luck

Source(s): 20+ years of copier,printer,fax and typewriter repair,hp,canon,lexmark,xerox,ibm,qms,apple,xante,many others too

he drum is not being cleaned properly between prints. Depending on your printer, that could be the fault of the cleaning blade, the cleaning drum, or possibly an erase lamp, if your printer is very old.

Again, depending on your printer, this could be corrected by changing the toner cartridge (not refilling it).

You may also have toner spilled within the printer - have you tried opening it and cleaning it manually?

Toner leakage, it happen to me when I refilled, but I have only 1 tiny spot, not a big problem for me

I have had success with taking compressed air and blowing out the chamber that the toner cartridge goes into. I also used the cmpressed air on the toner cartridge itself.

Bring the toner back. Their is a cleanning blade on it which is not functioning correctly. Their is no reason that the toner should leak. It is not the drum, that is for sure.

Source(s): Compu-Tech / Microsoft Certified

If u still have to software for it, install it and use the cleaning utility.