Ducky asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

do planks help you loose belly fat?

does it help loose belly fat and build abs?

Favorite Answer

They are a good part of a plan to lean up, BUT No. You can not spot reduce one area of your body. Below is what I tell people who ask this question:

The best way to loose a belly is change your diet and become more active (weights and cardio).

I know that you are asking specifically to the area of the body as the stomach/abdominal (belly) area, and I have some good tips at getting in better physical form, but the bad news is that there is no such thing as spot reducing, but the more you workout an areas the better chances of toning up due to building muscle while burning calories.

As I have told other people, many of who have lost a great amount of weight, try these recommendations:

- Cut out junk food and empty calories.

- Eat more protein and a lot less carbs.

- Try eating six small meals around (200 cal. but that depends on your muscle mas and body weight) every two hours.

- Don't eat any cabs past 6pm.

- Lift weights and do cardio, but lifting weights should be a big focus. (try 30-45 mins of lifting and 25-35 mins of cardio after lifting).

- try to put together a full body workout plan, where you are lifting 3-4 days a week with a day off between and different muscle groups each time.

Some foods that are great to eat are:

Oatmeal, Whey protein, egg whites, green vegetables, low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, low fat whipcream for a snack, and smart one ice creams for a cheat, soy chips, apples, lunch meats like turkey, boiled chicken, brown rice, soy products, sprouted wheat products, turkey burger patties with no bread.

Another tip is to try and journal your food intake and count calories you eat. And don't focus on your weight at first, just look for signs of your body toning up! If you can check your muscle mas and weight now and then that would help.

Good luck! For more information look up cutting diets and light weight lifting routines.

remember lots of water, protein!!!!, less carbs, no late night eating and NOOOO alcohol!!!

2

Source(s): Body Building Exercise http://emuy.info/MuscleStrengthHealth

1

Source(s): Fastest Way To Reduce Fat - http://PureGarciniaGet.com/?phFa

Plank Exercise For Weight Loss

• Vivian

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

If you place yourself that issues: “Which kind of plan must I follow if I want to add some serious weight in the quickest period of time probable? Should I do some type of periodization plan to function around my next max-out? Must I perform various bench press variations?” then you definitely will see the responses here https://tr.im/DD9US

Critical Bench is more than simply an eBook. The website it self has some very good articles and data and provides a feeling of community, which is usually without other products. Plenty of these bodybuilding eBooks are only that, eBooks. If you have a question, or something you wish to examine you have to look elsewhere but Critical Bench program will allow you to all of the way.

"How much do you bench?" In the event that you will undoubtedly be wealthy only buy finding a dollar for every single time some one requested you this! Make use of this plan https://tr.im/JaoBQ in order to impress them.

Just how much would you benchis became so crucial and this is why individuals are continually trying to increase their bench. Nothing feels as effective as adding another dish to the bar when it's your turn to use the benchin your gym.

The Critical Bench program will help you enhance your benchwith the 5x5 technique. 5x5 strategy indicates you will do exactly the same weight for 5 associates of 5 sets. You want to locate a weight that'll fatigue you by the final rep of the last set. This type of instruction places large number of stress on muscle tissue and they have nothing otherwise to accomplish but respond and become stronger.

• Sarah

You don't get rid of belly fat by doing crunches all that does is build up muscle underneath the fat. If you want to get rid of fat do cardio. And also your body chooses where the fat comes off there is no such thing as spot fat removal it is just not possible.

Hey, doing the plank you will build up endurance in both the abs and back, as well as stabilization in your muscles, the endurance and stabilization will make you lose weight and thereby ``belly fat´´

by building up muscle (don't worry, its not six pack muscle) you'll get your back and belly nice and flat with a good shape!

Hope it helped!

Source(s): I'm Fitness instructor

They don't help you to lose fat, but they do build your core muscles. Do walking planks and build up your arms and legs as well. If you want to lose fat, you have to lose weight. My body holds onto weight on my thighs the longest, so even 5 lbs heavier than my goal weight and I will see a difference.