Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What happens if you make chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar?

What happens if you make chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar??

I want to make chocolate chip cookies but I don't have brown sugar.

Can you make them this way??

What should I use as a substitute for brown sugar??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Cookbook : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?EnBw
  • Rli R
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Cookies made with white sugar only (meaning instead of the 3/4 c brown sugar and 3/4 c granulated sugar you use 1 1/2 c grandulated sugar) will be crispier and break apart easier. The brown sugar makes a cookie chewy and moist.

• 1 decade ago

You can make your own brown sugar at home. Enjoy

To 1 cup granulated sugar, add 2 Tablespoons molasses. Stir together until evenly mixed with a fork. After trying it once, vary it by using 1 Tablespoon molasses, using the dark molasses or the light molasses. We prefer 1 cup sugar to 1 Tablespoon light molasses, but I have made all the other variations. I make a double batch every time.

• 4 years ago

Brown sugar is just sugar but with a little molasses left in it which gives it its brown color and unique flavor. You can use white sugar if you have to, but it won't taste the same. If you don't want to go to the store, I suggest a sugar cookie recipe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

NO, but all brown sugar is is regular sugar and molassas

for light you want 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons molassas and 1 cup sugar, this will equal out to 1 cup brown sugar

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aUB8x

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• 1 decade ago

Just use all white sugar. They will be a bit lighter in color, andnot have the molasses flavor. But they will be good cookies nonetheless.

• 1 decade ago

ummm use sugar that the best thing to substitute it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could use regular sugar, honey or maple syrup instead.

• 5 years ago

just add normal sugar thats the best substitute

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.