World of Warcraft: warlocks: Demonology vs. affliction?

for pvp and instances

Favorite Answer

Affliction scales better with gear, though at top right tier gear deep destro has the max dps.

You never go with just "1" spec for instances and PVP, if you try..you will never be good at both. Hence the reason they made dual spec.

Affliction w/soul link is great for 2v2's and good survivability. Not near as fun in BG's as destro. Demo is great for leveling and that's about it. It depends on what you want to do. If you are asking on Yahoo answers though, you have more to worry about then what spec....

Just telling you the truth...

For PvP, destruction seems like the highest general dps. I prefer a mix of affliction and demonology for general leveling/soloing/questing, but I intend to switch to destruction when I hit 80 for max dps in raids.

I'd say affliction is best for instances. You get tons of dps. PVP i'm not to sure about but I know Demonology is good for leveling.

Source(s): has a demo spec'd lock