Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

American liberals, are you paying attention to what's happening in Great Britain today? You'd better!?

It's almost like looking into a crystal ball. The British people are fed up with the dishonesty and lack of integrity of liberal politicians. It seems that far too many of those MPs have been caught padding their expense accounts, some of which amounts to outright theft of taxpayers' money. The American people are getting fed up with the Obama squandering of taxpayers' money to advance his radical liberal policies, all in the name of helping us out of our economic woes. We are going to see conservative voters turn out at the polls in record numbers next year. When the Republicans become the overwhelming majority in Congress next year, the impetus will be there to sweep even more conservatives into office in 2012, including a Republican President. Mark my words, it's going to happen because the people are growing disgusted with Obama's radical policies, just in his first few months in office.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

For as long as I've been of age to vote, there has been a cycle of conservative-liberal-conservative-liberal administrations. Carter (one term), then Reagan (two term), Bush Sr (one term at so folks were really fed up with GOP by then), then Clinton (two term), then Bush Jr (two term), now Obama.

While Obama does enjoy high approval ratings at this time, so did Bush Jr early on. His ratings didn't truly crumble until after a couple of years into the Iraq war after his re-election. Funny that Clinton did NOT have high approval ratings about this time in his administration, and he's turned out to be respected POTUS after all.

• 4 years ago

I am encouraged by the answers from some of the people here who are obviously American. It reassures me that not every American is an ignorant redneck. So for the record. A couple of points that Americans need to learn. America did not win the first world War, the British Empire did. We are very grateful for Americas contribution (turning up shortened the war by about 6 months) but the whole shooting match was essentially over, the German Army was on it's knees as was the French. The British Army was in good condition and would have forced a German surrender in 1919. Thanks anyway. America did not beat the Germans in the second world war, the Russians did. They killed 6 million German troops (losing 30 million in the process) and drove Hitlers back a couple of thousand miles. America did not save the UK. Britain saved itself during the Battle of Britain when the RAF fought off the Luftwaffe and prevented an invasion. America did contribute by selling us stuff. Cheers for that.We acknowledge the moral debt that we owe you and are grateful for your aid, but we don't owe you a damn penny. The British are not Anti American. We were anti George Bush, but we consider America our friend. Occasionally Friends do stuff you don't like and you have to tell them, but that doesn't mean you have to stop being friends. A friend will accept criticism that is given out of concern for your welfare. If you want to focus on improving America that's great. You could start by providing decent health for the poor. After all if every other developed nation can do it, surely the richest country on the planet can manage it. Rather than shoot down Obama's plan try coming up with one of your own.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Unless Obama repeals the Presidential term limit, like he's trying to this moment, he will be a one term President, once everyone sees their skyrocketing gas, electricity, and food bills, continuing wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and possible war with North Korea.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not to mention that Great Britain is overrun with Muslim extremists. You can see what has happened there is beginning to take root in the US.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's already happening.

Obama's approval ratings are near historical lows for any president at this point in his term.

• Truth
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You obviously don't believe in polls. Over 60% of the free citizens of this great American nation believe our current president is doing a good job. I don't really care what you think, as long as you remember that the Republican party is out of touch.

As long as this party ignores the wishes of the people of the US< they can proudly state they are the party of the minority. AND in democracy the minority CAN NEVER win.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Britain politics do not mirror American politics. Their "liberals' aren't like American liberals...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

On my, the BNP is getting 3.7% of the vote!

The GOP must feel inspired.

• 1 decade ago

I couldn't have stated it better

• 1 decade ago

Hey big dummy Obama has great approval ratings and is moving this country forward.

Whine is all you cons have left.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.