What words or phrases were used for getting a spanking growing up?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Just curious since everyone is different. I'm from the south and in my family we always called it "gettin' a whippin"
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
I had a very big family and we had a lot of get together's at our house. I am one of 5 children, so there were many spankings in that house. Whenever we were going to get a spanking our mom or dad would tell us to go to our room. Just hearing those words made your stomach flip. We were never sent to our rooms unless a spanking was in order. They also said that, so we weren't embarrassed in front of our guests. Our parents never humiliated us during a punishment. Thank God.

Asker's rating & comment

4 out of 5
very informative, thanks
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • larry h answered 5 years ago
    ok bend over and count to ten....if i try t block the hit of my daddies belt i would have to start from the beginning again....so i quickly learned to count to ten....then he would say "that hurt me more than it hurt you".
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Firecube ♥ MJ answered 5 years ago
    "Someday you'll thank me for this" ...and years later I did.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Gerta P answered 5 years ago
    "Go to your room, Gerta." Said in the right tone of voice, that would be the "sentence". Always made me shiver. Then a few minutes later it was just "Take off your skirt now".
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Jason C answered 5 years ago
    More than I care to remember. The classic "This is gonna hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you" comes to mind. And "I'm gonna find another use for this belt besides holdin' up my pants." And "I'll warm your butt so much it'll feel like you sat on a wasp's nest". (And it did.) And "Your little a** is gonna be so red when I'm done that the city can use it as a stop sign." But it wasn't the words I remember most. It was the sounds. The belt buckle jingling as it was unbuckled. The leather snapping against the belt loops as it came off the pants. The whooshing sound the belt made as it cut through the air. The solid crack as it made contact with my bare a**, time after time.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Nicole n answered 5 years ago
    getting spanked
    getting your butt beat
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Kerry K answered 5 years ago
    I'm from England and my dad used to say we would get "a good hiding" or he was going to "tan our backside"
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Jamie answered 5 years ago
    From dad it was a whippin' with the belt, from mom a spanking with her hairbrush or the paddle with my name on it, and from grandma I got the lickin' stick.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • MeAgain answered 5 years ago
    A thrashing, British Parents
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Lorna W answered 5 years ago
    Your father will get the belt out

Your mother will use the hair brush.

Rarely would they use their hands. I guess they were afraid to hurt themselves. Only we got hurt. #$##@$%^, meanies!
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• argelyn haydon answered 5 years ago
    i never got spanked.....
    • 2
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock