Are you a practicing Buddhist?

Hi everyone! I am doing a research paper and one thing that I need to do is ask a practicing Buddhist some questions to get a different perspective. I have a contact at a temple here, but it doesn't hurt to get more information. Please answer any or all questions, anything helps. Thanks! *What influences... show more Hi everyone! I am doing a research paper and one thing that I need to do is ask a practicing Buddhist some questions to get a different perspective. I have a contact at a temple here, but it doesn't hurt to get more information. Please answer any or all questions, anything helps. Thanks!

*What influences pointed you towards Buddhism?

*Have you always been Buddhist? If no, what faith did you practice prior to becoming Buddhist, and what do you think about it now? What was the hardest part of letting that previous faith go?

*What do you like least about Buddhism?

*What do you like most about the Buddhism?

*What is the most difficult obstacle that you have faced in your search for liberation/enlightenment?

*What are your personal views on women practicing this religion as equals to men?

*What are the major holidays or observances of Buddhism?

*How has Buddhism affected your life?

*What would you say is your level of expertise on the subject of Buddhism, and at what level are you at in terms of spiritual enlightenment?

*What is your method of meditation?

*Have you been on any spiritual retreats or been able to travel and spread teachings? Where and how was it?

*Are there any temptations that are especially hard for you to refrain from?

*In my opinion, one of the most difficult obstacles that the Western culture faces on their path towards enlightenment is cutting out their materialistic indulgences. Do you experience this difficulty? If so, how do you overcome it? Do you ever indulge? Can these occasional indulgences and the faith co-exist?

*If the entire world became solely Buddhist, how do you think that it would function? Do you think that opposing faiths can be good for a society?

*Some religions violently defend their beliefs and discriminate against those who don’t share the same values. Is this true of Buddhism? If not, how are differing religions treated?

*Are there any stereotypes regarding Buddhism that you would like to correct?

*What is your view on those who believe in the “Old Testament” and take the stories literally?

*How do you mix your religion with western culture and maintain harmony amongst religion and society?

*Have you ever been discriminated against for your beliefs? If yes, how did you handle it?