Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Diet tips for quick results?

Does anyone have quick and effective diet tips for dramatic weight loss?

Favorite Answer

Hi Gabriella....

You have to realize that Loosing weight has stages and the Dramatic ways of loosing weight have so many side effects e.g Dramatic weight Gain.

I guess eating healthy and Exercising are the most important things anyone can do.

But have to realize that eating less is not what you should be doing if you want to loose weight.

Your Body needs energy....so the less you eat, the more cravings you will have. You can eat as much healthy foods as you can but still loose weight.

You need to know is that you wont wake up in the morning and find your weight gone....It is a trying process and at times you will want to give up. Keep on working hard, Eat healthy and don't take short cuts (Crash Diets, Diet Pills, or funny Suggestions.)

To summarize, here are the dietary strategies you can implement to promote body fat reduction and a lean body:

• Eat 5-6 small meals per day of relatively equal proportions; you should try to eat a meal about every three waking hours

• Plan all of your meals for each entire week; only choose the items you need for your planned meals when you’re at the grocery store (if you don’t have junk around the house, you most likely won’t eat junk)

• Calculate your daily caloric requirements to lose weight; don’t obsess over calories, but try to stay approximately where you need to be to lose weight

• Eat a portion of lean protein at each meal, along with a portion of fibrous healthy carbohydrates, and a portion of healthy fats

• Focus on unrefined, unprocessed foods in their natural state

• Focus on lower glycemic index carbohydrate sources for the majority of your meals, but don’t worry about avoiding healthy higher glycemic index choices like bananas, raisins, and carrots; these foods have beneficial nutrients and the glycemic response can be controlled if the portions are kept low and combined

properly with other foods

• Eat higher glycemic index carbohydrate sources (sugars and lower fiber complex carbs) along with protein immediately after your intense workouts to replenish muscle glycogen and start the muscle repair process; a 2:1 to 4:1 ratio of carbs to

protein immediately following your workouts best facilitates the recovery process

• Avoid fad diets or “crash” diets

• Do not cut calories too low such that you create an energy deficit exceeding 1000 calories per day (i.e. if your maintenance caloric intake is 3000 cal/day, never go below 2000 cal/day); a 500-750 calorie/day energy deficit is best for fat loss while

maintaining muscle; as a general rule, it is never recommended that females go below 1200 calories/day and males should never go below 1600 calories/day

• Try to incorporate an overfeeding day once per week to stimulate your metabolism and to help you stay on a focused diet for the other six days per week

• Avoid refined oils, trans fats, and high fructose corn syrup at all costs

• Try to include green, oolong, black, and white teas into your daily diet to promote a slight edge in thermogenesis and fat burning; try the suggestion of mixing all four of these teas into an iced tea mixture and drinking it throughout the first half of each day

• If you can handle spicy food, don’t be afraid to include chili and cayenne pepper in your foods to benefit from the slight metabolic boost and antioxidant benefits of Capsaicin

• As long as you’re not lactose intolerant, include at least 3-4 servings of dairy (raw grass-fed dairy is best) and other sources of dietary calcium into your daily plan to promote fat loss

• Choose organic foods as often as you can to avoid the possible fat-storing effects of pesticides in your body

• To help get rid of your stubborn belly fat, make sure to minimize (as best as possible) soy products, beer, and other estrogenic foods and try to focus on the estrogenic-fighting foods i.e

• Cruciferous vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and brussel sprouts

• Citrus fruits – oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes

• Raw honey

• Chamomile and passionflower (can find in teas)

• Onions and garlic

• Green tea (yet another reason to drink green tea)

• Leafy greens (lettuce, spinach, etc)

• Berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries…organic is best)

• Extra virgin olive oil

• Wild fatty fish (salmon, trout, etc)

All these food are Nyummy and Healthy.

You also need to exercise....what I do is Tae-bo and skip rope each time I am idle in the House, Swim at least 5 times a week, Sprint and Walk.

Diet alone can cause you to lose some fat, but the numbers on the scale decrease somewhat because your body is also losing muscle. It is proven that for optimal weight loss, which should involve the loss of fat only, you need a combination of diet and exercise.

Together, this duo creates a greater loss of fat while maintaining or even increasing muscle mass. Remember, muscle increases your metabolic rate and allows you to burn more calories during exercis

I would suggest a cleansing diet. I lost 12 pounds in 9 days and then 28 pounds in less than a month. I also lost a lot of inches too! I learned that cleansing will help the body get rid of toxins. Toxins come from a lot of things like fast food, pollution, food additives and preservatives and lots of other things. The toxins get stored in the fat in our body. To get rid of the fat, we have to get rid of the toxins by cleansing the body. This made sense to me and I decided to try a cleanse program and it worked. The weight came off fast and this kept me motivated to keep going, not like other diets where the weight loss it too slow. I did Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher and Medifast. If you want to learn more call the toll free number 1-877-587-4647 or check out the website. This was the first time I ever did a cleanse, it was easy and I feel better. Good luck whatever you decide to do! http://thebestcleansingdiet.com/

after the winter i've gained like 20 lbs and it was scary!! well what i did to help myself to lose those fat in less than 2 months was going to yoga class 5 days a week and 2 hours a day..also i cut down on the carbs and also took this diet pills - of course i had my doctor to check on the ingredients before i start using them. and my doctor has told me that they're all natural ingredients which were concerntraded from vegetables..i followed that plan for 2 months and i've lost 28 lbs..does it sound good to you? but anyways..this is what i did..good luck with your diet plan ;]

energize plain tasting proteins such as eggs or chicken with metabolism boosting chili pepper sauce

Avoid late night eating Because your metabolism slows down when you sleep

• Manuel

3 hours of shopping

1 hour of dancing

instead of a margarita opt for tequila on the rocks with a lime wedge

pass on pop youll be amazed by how much weight you drop by simply switching to water

eat fruit instead of drinking fruit juice