Ryan

If I save a windows movie maker onto email, will it open and play on another computer? (like a photo)?

I made a video at home using windows movie maker for my civics class which i have to show them. I cannot upload it onto youtube beacuse the school computers block it. So WMM gives an option to save the project and publish to email, which I did and it loaded, went to my email and had me browse for what I wanted. I found the video, clicked it and said attach file and sent it to myself. My question now is, when I am on a computer at school and I go into my email and click on the attached file will it play on that computer? Or does it have to be the one you made it on with all your clips, sounds etc. or is it like a photo and will open on anything?

Favorite Answer

Depends. Movie Maker Files? Movie maker is just a program. It can be made to drop video files in several formats, like any other video editing software. Possibilities are manifold, AVI, DVX, MOV files, etc are just some of the many standards available for storing video information in. It depends on what kinds of players and Codecs the machine you intend to run the file on has available. Your school should be able to tell you this, or they shouldn't be handing out such assignments.

The WMM files should play on the destination computer, but consider OS type to be essentially the same platform.

you should save it as a video file first

yes