Change File Extension?

Can someone tell me a software that can change a file name extension (ex .exe) to another file extension without changing the file or the function. I am not even sure if this is possible but I do not see why not. I have downloaded FileBoss that if I am reading it right can does this though, I can't... show more Can someone tell me a software that can change a file name extension (ex .exe) to another file extension without changing the file or the function.

I am not even sure if this is possible but I do not see why not.

I have downloaded FileBoss that if I am reading it right can does this though, I can't use all the operations on FileBoss because I do not have the registration key.

I am looking for an alternative please help somebody.

Thanks
Update: I mean function figurtavley do not read into to much for example jpg extension is for a picture so in a sense thats it function, dos for word catch my drift anyway other than I will give your suggestion a shot.