Isabel
Isabel asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Names for Characters in myMystery book?

heyy ok Im not a Famous Author or anything But I kind of want to become a writer. Im doing some what okk with my book so far. but Im going to Re write it all. I thought about naming the Main Character Sarah Taylor. and one of her Best Friends Maggie Clark. It was originally going to Be (Main character) Leah Thompson and one of her Best Friends Maggie Taylor. But Im Stuck. I atleast hav one name Im Sure of and thats Ms. Marlett and old family Friend of Sarah taylor. But the only problem with Sarah Taylor Leah Thompson and Maggie Clark is that I dont want them to Sound too....Young. hmm I kind of want this book to be Like a Nancy Drew Crossed with all the other Mystery books i've read and loved. I dont want this to Be Read by 8 year olds. Who knows. haha Ik no one will ever read it but Still. I need :

1 Main Character Name and Last name

Two Best Friend names including Last name

A Swindilling Couple First and Last name

Main characters Family names ( Dad mom 2 sisters)

Please help! if you think thats too much just do a couple of them then! I cant think of great names. Except for Kemp and thats the other Evil couple. ;] oh yah and Any tips you guys could give me about Writing a Mystery murder book! I need all the help i can get!! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

this is my kind of question to answer! I love mystery's and such things. That's what I'm gonna be when I'm completely grown up. Okay my ideas are:

main character- Roxanne Rite or maybe Joanne Bender

2 bff- guy names- Luke Winter or Brandon Mathews

girl names- Nicole Andersand or Rebecca Johnson

Swindl. Couple- Max and Amber Robinson

main char. Family- DAD- John or Ralph (whatever her last name is)

MOM- Lauren or Cheyenne (whatever husband's name is)

Sis.'s- Emily, Wendy, Alexus, Tiffany, Brittany (whatever last name family has)

hope it helps

Source(s): I'm good with names and am also writing a csi book of my own
  • fent

Sansa Arya Jaime Brandon "Bran" Brienne Cersei Jon Samwell "Sam" Meera Jojen Rickon Davos Stannis Melisandre Cleos Loras Margaery Sandor Tyrion Gendry warm Pie Catelyn Robb Brynden Tywin

when writing a mystery murder you should include clues for the reader throughout but make sure some of them are misleading to keep the reader guessing right till the last page. that is probably obvious but that is my only advice on the subject.

as far as names go, i used to name all my characters either sally or julia so i know where you are coming from there. i have invested in a baby names book and i just open at a random page and pick one name from that page and stick with it. after all the name is not so important as to spend hours deliberating it.

for surnames, its a simular process, i pick a random page in the phone book and pick the best name on there.

hope this helps!

Main Character Name and Last name CASEY DURHAM

Two Best Friend names including Last name DREW WILSON

ALYSSA SAWYER

A Swindilling Couple First and Last name ??

Main characters Family names ( Dad mom 2 sisters) CHASE, ELIZABETH, AUTUMN, LAYLA

Keep it interesting!! Make sure the person who does it is the least obvious lol. Best of luck!

1 Main Character Name and Last name - Lea Loveless

Two Best Friend names including Last name - Tad Carson and Ben Dancer

A Swindilling Couple First and Last name - Evan Swindle and Emma Steele

Main characters Family names ( Dad mom 2 sisters) - Darren Loveless, Diane Loveless, Pauline Loveless, Lea Loveless, Beulah Loveless.

Well, how OLD are your characters? You know, you should go to the Social Security page, and based on the age of the characters, you could search for popular names at that time. For example, if you characters are 20 this year, they were born in 1989. So, you search for popular girl names in 1989 and go from there. You can do that with last names, too.

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Source(s): I do that! :)

Laci Baldwin

Allie Jordan

Kala Williams

David Baldwin

Taresa Baldwin

Zoey Baldwin

TaLisa Baldwin

Hope I could help

common names would be all right, if the story is good. if not, you can name your character Caesar and Cleopatra, nothing would get out of it.