Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can you please help me understand this?

what does the idiom mean

" Hole in the Ground"

" Off the Hook"

"My Calling"

"Light- years"

"Eye- opening"

Please help me if you know all of them please tell me the one they are and tell me the meaning. If you only know one or two just tell me what one and write what it means

Thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

" Hole in the Ground" - useless

" Off the Hook" - cool; awesome; you like it

"My Calling" - what you are made for

"Light- years" - distance light can travel in years

"Eye- opening" - a sudden realization

Hope this helps.

For the best professional translations go to:

http://www.spanishtarget.com/idevaffiliate/idevaff...

• 1 decade ago

"Off the Hook"

Something being "off the hook" means that it is superb, of good quality.

"Light years"

Is the measure of how far light travels in one year. This can also be used to say that something is really distanced from oneself, "That idea is light years away from me."

"Eye-opening"

Means that something is revealing, or you have had something revealed to you.

"My calling"

From a first-person perspective, one's calling would be the direction they are going in life. EX. "My calling is in medical research." MEANING: This person's career would be in medical research, as that is their calling.

Never heard of "hole in the ground"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Eye-opening" is when something changes your opinion of something, or how you view it because you've been told something.

A "light year" is a physics thing.. But in your context, it means a long time

• 1 decade ago

death to jews

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.