What Can The Statues Of Easter Island Tell Us About The Past?

I'm including the statues in a story I'm writing and I just wanted to gather a few peoples opinions on what the statues can tell us about the past. I'm not sure how to put this in words. Also what site do you think can tell us most about the past overall out of Pompeii, The Statues of Easter Island and... show more I'm including the statues in a story I'm writing and I just wanted to gather a few peoples opinions on what the statues can tell us about the past. I'm not sure how to put this in words.
Also what site do you think can tell us most about the past overall out of Pompeii, The Statues of Easter Island and The Terracotta Army? I've already put down my own opinion in words but I just want to see if anyone else has the same opinions on it as me.
Please don't put any mean comments but feel free to suggest any of your own opinions about The Statues Of Easter Island.

Thanks x

~Indigo Blue~
Update: Thanks, some of the answers are great! By the way I'm not asking you to do my homework for me, I just want to gather ideas and opinions because I know someone thought I probably couldn't be bothered of whatever. Don't get the wrong idea, It's not homework, just ideas. But Thanks to all of you who... show more Thanks, some of the answers are great! By the way I'm not asking you to do my homework for me, I just want to gather ideas and opinions because I know someone thought I probably couldn't be bothered of whatever. Don't get the wrong idea, It's not homework, just ideas. But Thanks to all of you who have offered to share infomation, I really appriciate it.