What Can The Statues Of Easter Island Tell Us About The Past?

I'm including the statues in a story I'm writing and I just wanted to gather a few peoples opinions on what the statues can tell us about the past. I'm not sure how to put this in words.

Also what site do you think can tell us most about the past overall out of Pompeii, The Statues of Easter Island and The Terracotta Army? I've already put down my own opinion in words but I just want to see if anyone else has the same opinions on it as me.

Please don't put any mean comments but feel free to suggest any of your own opinions about The Statues Of Easter Island.

Thanks x

~Indigo Blue~

Thanks, some of the answers are great! By the way I'm not asking you to do my homework for me, I just want to gather ideas and opinions because I know someone thought I probably couldn't be bothered of whatever. Don't get the wrong idea, It's not homework, just ideas. But Thanks to all of you who have offered to share infomation, I really appriciate it.

Favorite Answer

It tells a lot of man's stupidity

Every last tree on the Island was cut down to make rollers and scaffolding to transport and erect the statues in order to worship some imaginary god. As a consequence, many of the people starved to death and today Easter Island is a comparativley barren place relative to most other Pacific Islands. That's what religion does for you.

• JamesH

For one thing, there were some mighty strong people back there who understood the engineering principles needed to put those statues in place. It's a fascinating mystery.

That people who don't take care of their environment will vanish without a trace.

The people of the past had MASSIVE fods.

I find them the haunting reminder of how man can destroy himself by destroying his environment.

Probably those who built them were idol worshipers.

do your own homework

It's obvious...they were made by aliens. Boom!

SEACREST OUT!

dk enough to judge that....havent been there