Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

If you found out Obama was lying to you?

how would you feel about him then?

Did YOU watch the whole video? Surely not or you would have heard Scahill clearly say that the torture of prisoners at Gitmo continues to this day.

Favorite Answer

The dismissive answer that torture started under President Bush is immaterial.

President Obama is the CURRENT Commander in Chief he has the ability to stop torture, however per EXECUTIVE ORDER 13491 – January 22, 2009 he has reserved the right to torture utilizing Extraordinary Rendition.(Source Below)

Secondly, both Jeremy Scahill (The man who broke the atrocities of Blackwater in Iraq) and Amy Goodman both award winning journalists are far from "rightwing" neo-cons.

Finally, the left/right paradigm is a lie. There is NO difference between Republicrats or Demopublicans. President Obama was/is funded by the same criminal bankers that funded Senator McCain, i.e. Goldman Sachs, Citibank, JP Morgan Chase, etc (see source 2)

So how would I feel after finding out that President Obama is NOT the Change you can believe in???

Not surprised. Until we end the FEDERAL RESERVE and return to a Sound Constitutional currency, the bankers will continue to exert control over our government while enslaving us and our future posterity under the shackles of a mountain of unsustainable odious fiat debt.

• bob

Interesting. Did you even watch the video, or did you just read the headline? If you watched the video you would have seen that EVERY instance he mentions was during the Bush administration, that the squads were set up under the Bush administration and the only thing he could say about the present is "as far as I know, these IRS's still exist." From that your source comes up with "Obama thugs" I hope you understand if don't have much faith in your source. BTW, in answer to your question, I assume any politician is going to have to fudge occasionally, so I am going to say it depends a lot on the lie and, of course, I realize that changing ones mind when facts change does not consist of a lie, so it depends of the lie, the severity of the lie and the consequences of the lie. For example I find it much more forgivable to be less than honest about an illicit affair that to outright lie about intelligence in order to invade a foreign country, to lie about the existence of secret prisons, to lie about using torture, etc.

All politicians lie. They have to. People don't want to hear the truth. They can't handle honesty and reality, so politicians tell the people what they want to hear, then go about the task of running the government. That's why I don't judge elected officials too harshly by their words. I look at their actions, instead. And, so far, I like Obama based on what he's doing.

• ARBOB

Not IF, he IS lying all the time. He lied continuously during the campaign for two years, and has been continuously lying since he was elected. Can't you people see that? My God, it is very obvious too, and try as he may to B.S. all of us into thinking he's NOT LYING, we many steps ahead of this double talker! At least some of us are!

I knew he has been lying before he got elected . When will people learn that today's politician are consent liars.

What do you mean IF. That tool has been lying all along. What more proof to people need? Do they need to be hit over the head with the presidential seal or something?

He's a lying basta*d! And he sticks his nose in business that is not his!

i.e: "Let Turkey join the EU" - um, no thanks! We don't want 70,000,000 muslims able to come to the UK!

Obama is a retard, i.e GM...

Where's all these new jobs he promised to create?

• jonds

All politicians lie and we keep putting them in office.

all repubots do is criticize in a negative way. At least Obama is thinking of the working middle class which I'm part of, and I'm glad for that.

A better question would be if I found out he told the truth..