My pictures and videos show up on my camera, but my sd card cannot be read by any other device. What do I do?

My camera is a Sanyo VPC-T700. I have tried using a card recovery program (badcopy) and find that after the scan is finished, none of the pictures or videos show up, even when the program calls them "recovered files."
Update: They are mostly JPEG; there are several AVI files too.
Update 2: To start over would erase more valuable images (family memories, birth of a new baby etc.) than the camera and card are worth combined. There has to be some way to retrieve information from the camera/card since the images show up on the camera. They do exist. I only want to be able to print/copy them. At this... show more To start over would erase more valuable images (family memories, birth of a new baby etc.) than the camera and card are worth combined. There has to be some way to retrieve information from the camera/card since the images show up on the camera. They do exist. I only want to be able to print/copy them. At this point I am desperate to resolve this problem.