my new tattoo is peeling off ink?

it started peeling, it doesnt hurt, its dead skin with ink on it. its peeling to a lighter shade what should i do

lol anyone want to give me an actual answer? like did it happen to you do you need a touch up done etc

also included, ive used A and D lotion like he suggested

Favorite Answer

Don't panic, this is supposed to happen, it is part of the healing process, I have several tatts and this has happened to them all, a little skin comes off, the skin is coloured, and the tatt underneath will appear a little lighter than when it was first done. I have not needed any touch ups with any of mine, so just wait until it has all come off, don't pick at it or try to pull it off, that will damaged the tattoo. I use pure aloe vera on all my tattoo and some pure vit E.

• Melissa4 years agoReport

I just got mine 4 days ago and I am experiencing the same thing. I just keep lotion or A&D on it. It doesn't look like any of the actual tattoo is gone. This is my third tattoo and the last one did the same thing and still looks great.

Peeling Tattoo

Tattoo Peeling

1

Source(s): Alternative Tattoo Removal - http://TattooRemoval.zourg.com/?Gsz

If it is just the dead skin coming off and it appears tinted with the tattoo ink then no worries, this is normal. The tattoo will appear lighter after this process and while the skin is growing back. Give it a few weeks before you determine if it is too faded. I would not recommend A&D ointment for tattoos, many people develop skin irritation from over use. Use Tattoo Goo, Burt's Bees ointments and lotions, Lubriderm unscented, dye free. At this stage you should be using a lotion and not an ointment. DO NOT pick at this flaking skin let it fall off on it's own!

Source(s): Tattoo artist since 1995

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My new tattoo is peeling off ink?

Source(s): tattoo peeling ink: https://knowledge.im/?s=tattoo+peeling+ink

This is a normal response, its like a sunburn peeling, a lot of people have this problem and the people who do tattoos just say to use PLAIN UNSCENTED LOTION or there are special aftercare products for tattoos, some tattoos may need a touch up later (I think colored ones are more likely to need a touch up than black and whites and the detailed ones might need more too .) And follow the instructions like no sunlight and stuff. My friends tried to get me to get a tattoo last week when my friend got one lol, there's no way I could have had an audience like she did there were like 4 of us watching.

Peeling and flaking of a new tattoo is perfectly normal. Before it actually begins to peel, the tattoo will look like it's covered with a whitish, cracking film. Then you'll see white or translucent flakes of old, dead skin start to peel off and some of the flakes may even contain some ink. Sometimes you can actually see a duplicate image of part of your tattoo peeling off - it's rather disconcerting, but it is also perfectly normal and there is no need to panic. It's a lot like a snake shedding its skin. Just add a little lotion (a LITTLE) to the tattoo to help keep it moist and encourage those flakes to come off. Do NOT scratch, pick or peel them. It will all be done in a few days and the color of your tattoo will start to return to normal.

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

• Lois

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/S0gM7

Completely normal! I just got Nirvana on my wrist and I thought something was wrong so I called my tattoo artist and he said that means its healthy and is healing, its been 2 months now and it looks great!