Do you believe play is an important part of a child's learning & development?

im doing a research paper so im basically just surveying seeing what you think. yes or no answer feel free to explain if you wish :)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Smallz
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It has actually been shown that play is absolutely necessary to a childs development. Without it, children fail to release held in energy, and later in life end up using it on less than acceptable behaviors.

I totally support child play.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. the whole nature vs. nurture ordeal from psychology kind of explains it but i definitely think kids playing with other kids is very important!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, that is the main way children learn. As soon as a baby is old enough to hold an item in there hand and put it in there mouth, they are learning.

Source(s): Mother of 2
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

definite that's an important portion of getting to grasp and progression. babies play by way of emulating what they see of their atmosphere. i.e. little females play homestead. little boys could play pretend to repair an motor vehicle. They learn by way of function enjoying. One psychologist positioned it as a toddler's "activity" to play.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eugene
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes playing can be very educational.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Heck yeah! It makes us kids feel very good and gives them a chance to be creative and do whatever they want within their limits.

• 1 decade ago

PLAY IS SO VERY IMPORTANT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO USE THEIR IMAGINATION AND IT CHALLENGE THEIR MINDS I RAN DAY CARE IN MY HOME FOR 10 YRS AND ALSO TAUGHT CHILDERNS CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR OVER 30 PLAY CAN BE A GREAT LEARNING TOOL

• 1 decade ago

ABSOLUTELY

children learn through play - especially the young 'uns

• henri
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

yes. i dont want to get into a long essay so i will just leave it at that.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it definitely is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.