sweety
Lv 6
sweety asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

do you believe play is an important part of a child's learning & development?

im doing a research paper so im basically just surveying seeing what you think. yes or no answer feel free to explain if you wish :)

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, absolutely because it is part of their motor development skills and also how they interact with other children. It is vital to their developing stages especially from the ages of 1-7 or before then.

• Devi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

There have been many scientific studies done on this topic, and the usual conclusion is YES, Play is extremely important for children's learning and development.

"Play is the work of children" as one quote goes. For your research, read some books written by Mr. Fred Rogers, there is also a book with a title "The case for PLAY" (something like that, if you search you will find it). On Amazon.com they always give you related books to your search topic as well.

Source(s): I did a senior visual exhibit in college regarding the PLAY topic.
  • Kat
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes. Definitely.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

you're inquiring for a God that controls our lives like a puppet grasp. The God i've got self belief in is a God of unfastened will. this suggests there will be suffering and soreness. even though it additionally potential we make our very own selections. are you able to photograph a international the place all and sundry prays for a million money and gets it? After awhile life could get very mundane and we would start up getting very board with life all because of the fact we had a God that did with us what he/she needed. definite what is going on with ravenous and mistreated babies is undesirable yet we as a species has made this take place, no longer God and definite as a species we could step in and make it end. the way you could ask, by way of placing all our our minds from all international locations to insure no toddler starves. My God has positioned the techniques accessible for us to do it yet we could artwork at the same time as a unified international to make it take place. final analysis is, i do no longer go with to stay in a international that's controlled because of the fact a controlled international is a international of worry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yes it is an important part of learning and development. Children play by emulating what they see in their environment. i.e. little girls play house. little boys might play pretend to fix an auto. They learn by role playing. One psychologist put it as a child's "job" to play.

• 1 decade ago

Little Children are like little people, if they're happy they will be more mentally focused. Depends on what type of play it is Mental or Physical, anything that utilizes the mind can be a learning experience.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not a child psychologist, but I personally believe that the way children play serves as a model for their interactions with other people and their environment when they grow up.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely... development: they develope social skills, and learning can be the same as playing if there learning in a "fun" way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure. Experience is probably the best way to learn and play allows a child to experience how things work.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, definitely, they learn to interact with others as well as learn about things that way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.