promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what can i serve with fresh shrimp tempura?

i'm gonna buy some large shrimp, i'm going to peel them Devin them, and butterfly them.

then dip them in a homemade tempura batter and deep fry them to golden brown succulent perfection, what can i serve with them they will be my main coarse for tomorrow evening, a yummy dipping sauce idea would be welcome as well thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

Tempura Dipping Sauce

"The traditional Japanese dipping sauce for shrimp or vegetable tempura. This is the full-flavored version - unlike the thinner, watery, less robust sauce being served in some restaurants. Serve in small bowls at each setting. Optionally, provide grated fresh ginger and grated daikon to mix into sauce."

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 1 cup water

* 1 tablespoon dashi granules

* 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)

* 2 tablespoons soy sauce

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in dashi, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in mirin and soy sauce.

FOOTNOTE

Two ingredients, dashi and mirin, may be available at most Asian-food stores (in the seasonings section) and some large grocery stores with a reasonable Asian-food selection.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes! This would go perfect in a japanese style dinner! Trust me i make them all the time and I'm Japanese. Now I would suggest a few starter California roll. Now that is made just with cucumber cuts and crab meat in the middle(It's a type of sushi). And have a main course of udon or ramen because both go really good with tempura in them but whole leaning on the side not cut up or anything. And for desert It would be really nice if you had mochi even as an ice cream

• angel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Serve them with a Japanese type noodle or a rice dish. I dip my tempura shrimp into a Chinese chili sauce. You could also use a sweet and sour sauce or a plum sauce for dipping

• Nancy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axv3D

possibly a nice light white wine, if it has a little fruity kick all the better. try for something that has air in it, so ike a puff pastry full of oranges. or try mango/pineaplle/chutney dip depending on who you're inviiting (if they like exotic fruits or not) try a salad--cesar with some tangy sweet/sour sace, no croutons. edit: omg, i went to a east indian/punjabi i think it was cuisine and they gave us white yogurt stuff with like salt and pepper, and some red herbs, and naan bread i think? it was really good, i'd totally add that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Papaya-mango salad with coconut and toasted slivered almonds would be nice.

For a dipping sauce how about this:

ORANGE DIPPING SAUCE

1/2 cup rice vinegar

1 Tablsp. minced scallion

1 tablsp. orange juice

1 tsp. grated orange rind

1 tsp. freshly grated ginger root

Combine all, cover, chill.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.