advice about buying comic books?

im a really big marvel and DC universe fan ive watched nearly every super hero movie im a big geek but ive never readied a comic book in my life and i would love to but would it be a waste of money advice plz?

Favorite Answer

If your interested in the DC / Marvel world then you should definitely get some comics and explore it more. There is alot of things mentioned in the comics that are not in the movie's/shows, characters you never knew existed and so on.

Thing about comics now is there very cheap cause now people want to read online for free, So sites like ebay/amazon you can pick up a ton of comics for next to nothing and its good actually sit with the comic in your hand and appreciate it more than online.

Also look in some little comic book stores, usually have bundles for cheap also, it gets very addictive.

Source(s): Been collecting comics for years.

I don't think it would be. I am really into anime and I watch it all the time. But recently, I have started reading the manga (A manga is just like a comic book) and I really like them! I actually just bought a crapload off of amazon xD

Yeah, so I think that if you like the shows/movies, you will also like the comic book! ^_^

There's no reason why not, but unless you start reading current sotrylines with regularity, your best bet is to look into collected graphic novels. That way you can also get hold of collections from older or harder to find independent publications.

no are you crazy? if u live in america get an amazon account and get some collected trades... books are cheap and u can get free 2 day shipping

also this video will be a HUGE help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtO3Hev2NI

Youtube thumbnail