My cat has fatty liver disease and he was very sick, i just want to help people with their questions about it?

Hi, my cats name is fatso. He was 4 years and 8 months old. Fatso was a black cat with a very nice face and had long very beautiful hair. He was a very playful and kind cat to be around. He loved to joke around and rub his head against anyone who came close to him. Fatso was always purring and wouldn't hurt a... show more Hi, my cats name is fatso. He was 4 years and 8 months old. Fatso was a black cat with a very nice face and had long very beautiful hair. He was a very playful and kind cat to be around. He loved to joke around and rub his head against anyone who came close to him. Fatso was always purring and wouldn't hurt a fly because he was way too nice. He would always meow as loud as he could just so he would make sure that you knew he was there. Fatso had recently become very ill on Friday May 29, 2009. We noticed that Fatso had stopped eating quite a bit and has lost some weight even though Fatso, who was normally known for his name, loved to eat. Even though he stopped eating we noticed that his stomach was still getting bigger. He had also become very lethargic and stopped his purring. Fatso wasn't being himself. He seemed to be very thirsty on this Friday during the day, but he wouldn't drink anything because his mouth seemed to be hurting him. We tried to get him some water by squirting from through a syringe (without the needle of course) into his mouth. On that Friday night, fatso had started to throw up this white puffy gloop and it looked very painful for him. He kept trying to stick his tongue out like there was something caught in his throat. Fatso wasn't doing so well so we brought him to the vet on Saturday morning at 7 am. He stayed there in critical condition for 3 days. The vet did a blood sample test, and noticed that his liver enzymes were quite high. Fatso was put on IV and was taken care of for these 3 days. On the second day when we went to see Fatso he seemed to be looking a lot better. Then on Monday, the 3rd day or yesterday, we had a call from the vet saying that Fatso wasn't doing so well and that he would have to be transferred from the vet’s office to an actual animal hospital. So we made a decision and picked up Fatso from the vet and brought him to the animal hospital. When we picked him up the doctor seemed to be right because he seemed to have gone back to the way he was when we first brought him in. At this time Fatso's skin that was exposed above his eyes seemed to be turning yellow and this was because of the enzyme build-up in his liver. This caused his blood to change color which caused the skin to change color. I let him out of his carrying cage while we where waiting in the lobby of this animal hospital (In Guelph Ontario, this place is probably the best place in the world for sick animals and is called Guelph Animal Hospital) and I let him out of his cage. He sat with me for a little while but he wanted to walk around, so I let him. Fatso could barely stand up and fell to the floor twice. We put him up on the bench and he started to fall asleep. Since that time Fatso has had multiple tests and has been diagnosed with fatty liver disease, pancreatitis, and fluid build-up in his stomach (which is the reason why his stomach was getting bigger even though he wasn't eating). After this call we decided that we did not want him to be poked and probed anymore because that is not the way a cat should live. Cats should be able to do everything they are supposed to do not sitting around eating food through a tube in his stomach. So we are going to go and see Fatso today but he is going to be put to sleep. The reason why I am writing this story is so that people who are in need of help and need answers quickly will be able to read Fatso's story and help there Kitten(s) or Cat(s). We will miss you always.

For Fatso, it is what he would want me to do