Alex
Alex asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

book report-Joy Luck Club

assume the role of a youth worker and encourage teenagers to follow the good example of a character of the story you have read.

choose from your book a character to be the role model for teenagers

which character is qualified to be the role model for teenagers?

why do you think the recommended character are/may be qualified?

Which scene impresses/touches you most? why?

what message(s) does the book bring out?how is it/are they related to your life and experience?

Rating
    Favorite Answer

The Joy Luck Club is a book based on the bestselling novel by Amy Tan of the same name. It is one of the best books I have ever seen in my life. It combines the stories of mothers and daughters to tell one sincere story of friendship. It is one of the finest pieces of acting collaberations among an ensemble cast. It also combines foriegn film with American film in a way giving it a new style. This movie is almost ten years old. For me it never gets old and the stories are also fresh. I like the set up of the movie or the sequence rather, better than the book. It seemed to make more sense. It also has the movie and book on the same level of unique style and everlasting stories to go along with it. Many of the performances were powerful. Even those who only spoke the Chinese language in the film should have gotten awards for performances that made me laugh and cry. I would recommend this film to anyone who wants to see an honestly good film without the Hollywood hype. Rent it, you won't regret it.