Can you wear a floral print dress with a white background to a wedding?

I was just wondering about when people say you can't wear white to a wedding, does that mean you can't wear white AT ALL, or you can't wear an all-white dress/outfit? I found a halter dress I like for a wedding I'll be going to soon (I looked for a picture online but I couldn't find one) and it... show more I was just wondering about when people say you can't wear white to a wedding, does that mean you can't wear white AT ALL, or you can't wear an all-white dress/outfit? I found a halter dress I like for a wedding I'll be going to soon (I looked for a picture online but I couldn't find one) and it has very very large purple flowers on it with a white background. There is definitely more purple than white, but I just wanted to make sure this would be okay!
Update: Thank you all for the very fast responses! I'm going to go buy the dress today :)