What exactly does "single and not looking" mean?

Does it mean that you're not interested in anyone, or that you're not looking because there's already someone you're after?

Sorry, it's a pretty silly question. Dx;;

Best Answer

playing the field looking for sex not relationships ..... or it could mean not looking for anything whatsoever

• Louise

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awZML

1. Releasing a single means releasing an individual song from an album (normally), in the same format the album is released in, or possibly multiple formats (CD, vinyl, etc) The success of a single is weighed against it's commercial performance. That's why very few independent bands will release hard copy singles, because they simply wouldn't be able to compete with mainstream music and they'd lose money in printing, packaging and promoting a single. Singles are only really considered 'singles' if they break into the top 100 of the charts. Singles can be released online, however if you did not release your material through a record company, it would simply mean it's self released and you are just making your music 'available' more than anything. 2. Independent music is 'indie' for a reason, in that it is less marketable and therefore will appeal to a significantly smaller audience than Popular music, or 'pop'. More popular artists are usually more photogenic, and will get more work and exposure posing for magazines, however sometimes this can come at the price of artistic integrity. 3. Firstly, it depends what you mean by 'release'. If you are happy to let people listen to your songs for free, but not download them, then sites like Myspace, Youtube and Last FM are an option. If you're talking about selling your music, then you can advertise online (again on sites like myspace) and exchange your music for cash online, say through something like ebay. There are probably a few sites that will let you host and sell you music through an embedded music player you can put on a webpage, but unless you have a decent sized following then the cost of hosting your music will outweigh the music that's being bought. Alternatively some local labels might be willing to promote your music, if you proved it had a reasonable following and you were willing to play live to support it Hope this helps

No, it's not a silly question, it's a great question. Firstly, if this was written on a dating site, I would be a bit confused. Secondly, it just sounds....goofy!

Single and not looking means, I am single, simply to answer the question but I am not looking for anyone.

This could be due to the fact that they are simply fresh out of a broken, heart wrenching relationship and they are emotionally unavailable at the moment or it could mean they are truly not looking and just hoping it will fall into their lazy lap!

OR

perhaps it could mean they are single at the moment but very well have a boyfriend or girlfriend whom they are not married to. You never really know how deeply people define and dissect each word.

We are only given the options to fill in, "Married, Single, Widowed or Separated". Even if I had a boyfriend I would say I'm single because there is no room for an explanation.... I suppose it depends on where it was written.

I stumbled across a guy on a dating site for singles who wrote on his profile, "Separated". the first thing from my mind was that he is Separated and going through a divorce. I began to over analyze what exactly he meant by his, "Separated" status.

Finally, instead of guessing I just asked him,

"Do you mean you are simply separated and waiting on the divorce to become final?

OR

"Do you mean you are angry and hurt and want the marriage to work but instead of divorcing you are looking for something better for the moment?

He replied, "The second one". At least he was being honest but he could get more replies if he just said he was "Single". Confusing, no doubt....

Single and not looking means just what it says. The person is single and likes the life they are living now and does not want a boy/girl friend at the moment. I go out with friends and have a great time and I am single and not looking. If something comes up good if not so what. I am still happy.

Either one. It could also mean that your still trying to get over someone or just got out of a relationship and is just wanting to be single, take a break from the taken life. It could also be a way of someone trying to prove themselves not to be desperate as some people may take it that way if someone said they're single & looking :)

It means just that. Single = a single person with no relationship with anyone and not looking is referring to the total lack of interest in looking for a relationship.

It could mean either depending on the person, usually it just means they're single and not really interested in becoming not single

not a silly question dont worry

actually its not! Its actually a good question. It means 2 things. That you are single and want to just be in dating relationships. Meaning, go on dates and date a bunch of girls for your prides sake to say "Hey i dated this hot chick, or this hot guy" and not make a commitment. Because relationships ARE a commitment. Second, it means you just wanna have sex with a bunch of girls or guys without the emotional attachment aka a player! Hope i helped :)

It means you're single and don't currently want a boyfriend/girlfriend. As in, you aren't flirting around or looking for anything serious. Where as if you're single and looking, you are desperate to get a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Never cease to be amazed. Anyone who posts here or anywhere else is looking for something. Depending on the environment in which you encountered this, I seriously doubt the person was not looking for something. It's a manipulative sort of tactic. Single and not looking would not be on the Internet in any way, shape or form if that person were truly single and not looking. As a result, you know right off bat the person is a liar.

Isn't that slightly self-explanitory? Anyway, I'm not a total bastard, so it means: "I do not have a boyfriend/girlfriend, I am not married, and not taken. But I also DO NOT want to be in a relationship with anyone."