Has Tori Amos changed to you?

I've been a fan for a while, but it seems to me that tori isnt the same as she was before. I loved her Boys for Pele, especially Horses and Hey Jupiter. But nowadays, i dont hear the same type of passion, instead its more of a rocker type ... I miss when she used more of the piano and nothing else. She can really flow! idk maybe im wrong, correct me if im wrong, but it just seems to me that tori isnt the same anymore as she was in her Boys for pele, under the pink, choirgirl hotel days

Favorite Answer

Yes, I do think Tori has changed. She's grown up; she isn't the same "angry young woman with a piano" that we saw in Little Earthquakes, Under The Pink, and Boys For Pele. I guess that's a good thing, though. It's natural for an artist to develop and grow with time, and at least she's not capitalizing on past successes by replicating the same sound over and over, like some stagnant pop singers do. She goes in a new direction with every album and it shows she's a true artist and not just in it for money and fame. I do agree with you that I like the more organic piano-based sound better - Little Earthquakes and Boys For Pele are my two favorite albums of Tori's for that reason. But there's also room for appreciating her new sound, I think... and it seems that Abnormally Attracted To Sin has better songs than American Doll Posse and The Beekeeper, so that's a good thing. Who knows - maybe someday Tori will do another piano-based album. We can hope... :)

I do think she has changed... her earlier songs are a lot more filled with anger and pain, etc... suppose with getting married and having a baby she has mellowed out a bit? I haven't heard her latest album yet, but she still does write some really good piano tracks, I think, like "Sleeps With Butterflies" from The Beekeeper.