Faulty TPS need quick fix?

I'm scrapping my 1997 Pontiac sunfire in six weeks, it is now deciding to give me hell. It has a bad throttle position sensor, I'm not spending a lot of money to have a car I'm sending to the junkyard in July fixed. Is there any quick fix I can do to get me through these next few weeks? Can I just continue to keep one foot on the break and another on the gas peddle?

I'm not going to a junkyard for the TPS. I just want to drive the car for 6 more weeks then get rid of it.

Favorite Answer

Not really a good way to do what can't be done. Better just keep driving with 2 feet

Added : you can ask the junkyard for a free TPS but they are in business and how can they be sure you will give them the car. Just cause you told them you would won't be good enough if they don't know you. But good luck with that.

welli hope theres a substitution and quick fix instead of buying one lol but i dont think there is.... ive replaced alot of things on my car and am confident or hoping that all it is now is the tps so im in the same boat as u... i called the scraps for one and got priced at about 30 bucks but dcant afford it either so im doing the 2 footed drive as well.. definatly just keep two footing it if your getting rid of the car

• Rudy H

Go that same junk yard and get a tps from them. They ought to just give it to you if you're giving them the car. They're getting it back in a few weeks anyway!