Why did nobody care when LeBron walked off the court last year?

He did the exact same thing last year when he lost against the Celtics in Game 7, and he did the exact same thing when the Cavs were blown out in Game 7 against the Pistons. But everybody is blowing this not shaking hands thing out of proportion.

As a Cavs fan I noticed that Dwight attempted a three point shot with less than 4 seconds left on the clock. Was being up by 13 not enough?

Anyways I really don't care, but I think it's kind of funny how people are acting like LeBron has fallen so low, and his character is forever tarnished. I mean seriously he didn't rape anyone.

Question: Who's the favorite to win the Finals? Who do you think is going to win?

I got the Lakers in 6. For one, Kobe is not 47% of the Lakers offense. Second Lakers have players to contain Howard. Third Ariza and or Odom will be guarding Lewis, and Lewis is the one that killed us in the Conference Finals. If he were to miss that three at the end of game 1, and that three at the end of regulation in game 4. Cavs would have won the series 4-1. But on the flip side the Lakers are pretty bad at defending the three point arc.

Update:

I always root for the underdog. So I decided to root for the franchise with 2 Finals appearances, and 0 rings. I hope the Magic can bring a Championship to Orlando. Lakers really don't need a 15th.

Update 2:

No he didn't. Trust me I've seen that game more than once.

Update 3:

John your right.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I feel bad for Lebron actually. Although Lebron just left to go on that bus after the game without getting interviewed, it might be a little understandable.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/s...

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

After the situation Lebron actually texted Dwight and congratulated and appoligized to the media.

And after all, its understandable why he is upset.

Let's say you:

Carried a team with little or no talent( other than Mo) to the NBA's best record

Clinched Homecourt throughout the playoffs

Won the season's MVP award

Helped your coach win the Coach of the Year

Came up in 2nd place in the defensive player of the year

Helped a Teammate elevate an All Star Season (Mo Will)

Helped your team with Dominating performances by double digits that crushed the first 2 rounds opponents

And made everyone heavily favor you to win a title

Yet you get no help almost every time you play. so your doing this all by yourself most of the time (sorry Mo but you weren't great this series)

And you end up losing to an elite team only because you lacked Help and Star Talent around you.

So how will you be if your in his position? Of course your gonna be pissed off and leave early. So don't mention what Lebron did, it's actually pretty heartbroken. We should stop talking about this.

Edit: Btw, I just predict Lakers in 6. Lakers have homecourt and they are too deep. Lakers are not good at rotating out to 3 pt shooters after a double but Phil will change the Defensive Scheme. Yet if Magic win, I wouldn't mind at all. May the best win!

• Because LBJ wasnt gonna win anyway last year This year they hyped him up so much and He lost so they are making him feel like shet more because the ESPN team and such think he let THEM down

Lakers Lakers

Lakers in 7 Lakers take first 2 Then ORlando takes 3 Lakers take 4 Orl takes 5 and 6 and Lakers Take 7

Kobe will rape face in the finals Ok The cavs suck Lebron is severely overrated hes 47% of the offense because hes the biggest ballhog ive ever seen if he passed they would have won Igulskas Gibson Mo and West aint jokes like he thinks they are

• 1 decade ago

I like how you changed your name to Cavs in '10 lol. The reason why everybody is caring is because of the arrogance involved on Lebrons part. He said his team was the best in the NBA, and he was very cocky throughout the whole season. Now that he lost, it is kinda the "IN YOUR FACE!" thing because nobody likes a very arrogant player.

For the finals I also have Lakers in 6. After facing Battier, Dahantay Jones, and Melo, it seems like nobody can guard Kobe. I'm gonna tell you right now, Kobe is gonna Sh!t on Petruis, despite the fact that he is a good defender. I think Gasol and Bynum can handle Dwight in the paint, and They have a mobile Power Forward in Odom who can guard the jumpshot of Lewis. I think if the Magic had a healthy Jameer Nelson, I think the Magic would win it in 5. With him starting and Alston coming off the bench, that causes so many matchup problems.

• 1 decade ago

There are more haters this year and the media is more obsessed with lebron and the cavs this year. We were the best team in the season meaning we get more haterz and media attention,last year we were the 4th seed and werent expected to beat the celtics. The madia went crazy about this little situation and Y/A went crazy about this little situation. I dont really care about dwights 3 tht much.

Seriously who cares about not going to the annoying press conferences where u reflect on failure and who cares about not shaking hands after u are eliminated!

BQ:Lakers are the favourtie but orlando is the overacheiving underdogs so they better be carefull. Im not really too sure who will win the series. Im probably going to root for the underdog this year again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ok, I don't think it will ruin his image forever, but it does discredit him as a player to a lot of people. And it's more of an issue this year because he was MVP. I can't think of a single MVP ever who acted like Lebron did and has when he loses.

Kobe has made mistakes in his career, but he has showed that he learned and changed from them. He didn't get an MVP award until last year when he had shown that he was a changed person.

Lebron needs to realize that not everything is going to always go his way and that he will have to do things that he doesn't want to do. He is still very immature, but he has time to change.

• 1 decade ago

Was The Crybaby hyped nearly as much as he was this regular season and playoffs? No! Jesus, there was talk this year about the possibility of changing the NBA logo with his likeness! Come on, bro, you know why this is such a big deal this year. But you know what, he just did himself dry. After his shenanigans this past weekend, no one, from league's offices down to the fans, is going to put his azz on any further pedestals. Look at what he did! So when the ****** does ever win anything everyone will be saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're happy now and being a good sport about it just because you won. Are you half the man you are when you lose? No, ******!!!!!!"

So phuq Lebron! I hope and pray he goes down like a Karl Malone, John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Webber, Dirk, K-Mart, ect., ect….where he gets all these accolades but never gets to raise a NBA Championship Banner where ever and whatever team he plays on!

• 1 decade ago

It's because the Cavs were not as good last year and there were not as high of expectations for them and LbJ.

I got the Magic in 6.

• MC™
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Because last year James wasn't a winner and he knows it, but this year LeBron is a winner and winners don't shake hands with people that forced him to choke. The only problem I had with James' so called reason for leaving is: Who was he talking about when he said "winner"? Because Dwight stayed behind and shook hands with everyone. Maybe James should have said "royalty" doesn't shake hands with commoners, I would have bought that excuse.

Source(s): MC
  • John67
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think those berating LeBron for walking off the court probably didn't like him to begin with. I don't see why it's that big of a deal.

• 1 decade ago

Actually he did shake Kevin Garnetts hand.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.