What does the space station look like through a telescope?

My b/f doesnt believe that I saw the space station through the telescope this past weekend., and I so badly want to prove him wrong! We took the scope out to do some "star gazing", and we saw the station in the sky, I jumped on the telescope and tried to line up the path it was heading in. After a few... show more My b/f doesnt believe that I saw the space station through the telescope this past weekend., and I so badly want to prove him wrong! We took the scope out to do some "star gazing", and we saw the station in the sky, I jumped on the telescope and tried to line up the path it was heading in. After a few seconds of peering through the eye piece, I saw a very bright...very fast streak of light run across my vision. So fast and bright, that I couldnt make out what it was, other than I knew I had lined up the scope to see the space station. He is an astronomy FREAK, has been for years. I think he may just be jealous since he has yet to see it though the scope....LOL!!! Can someone tell me if that is what I saw? I'd sooo love to rub it in his face.
Update: ....Maybe I should have mentioned it has an 8" scope.