L.T.M.
L.T.M. asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will the day come in America?

when the anti-gunners will be thanking us defenders of the second amendment?

What will you use to defend your family and yourself? A protest sign?

If you're too young to understand what I'm getting at then google ( Tiananmen Square - China )

Wanda - BALONEY! Patrick Henry and General George Washington MADE AN IMPACT!

Just Some Guy - READ IT AND WEEP!

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER

CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT

No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

District of Columbia law bans handgun possession by making it a crime to carry an unregistered firearm and prohibiting the registration of handguns; provides separately that no person may carry an unlicensed

handgun, but authorizes the police chief to issue 1-year licenses;

and requires residents to keep lawfully owned firearms unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock or similar device.

Respondent Heller, a D. C. special policeman, applied to register

a handgun he wished to keep at home, but the District refused. He filed this suit seeking, on Second Amendment grounds, to enjointhe city from enforcing the bar on handgun registration, the licensing requirement insofar as it prohibits carrying an unlicensed f

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, butdoes not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operativeclause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that itconnotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation

Scott b - I understand but (someone) has to physically stand and defend it right? Lawyers are great until the bullets start flying.

Neo Nerd - No but 20 to 50 MILLION Do make a big difference in the hands of folks who grew up with them and know how to use them. Not for crime but for defense..and offense when necessary!

OldMarine - I get your point. Take care Brother.

Here's a blanket respones to those who say it could never happen in America > You Are Wrong.

Ol' F... - Thank you for your service and I know I'm not telling you (of all people) anything you don't already know.

George Washington: "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the

people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than

99% of them [guns] by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very

atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference [crime]. When firearms go, all goes,

we need them every hour." (Address to 1st session of Congress)

Sioux - You sound like my family. We're kinda like Ghandi with a Gun. We're real easy to get along with until you step on our toes lol.

Loyd - Yeah it's amazing ain't it. Evidence all around and they're watching American Idol.

196 - Great List!

Pivoine - Remind me to tell you the story about a former liberal woman I know who's now an instructor at a shooting range (NRA).

Tom T - They're scared of the wrong people. We are the defenders of their freedom and they don't even realize it.

Sharon - I like that.

34th - Yes, human nature is one of the few things we can count on and our founders and our founding documents took that into account. They weren't willing to risk our freedoms by depending on saintly leaders and politicians.

Second - I'm with ya!

Ace - Ha! Hard core dude.

Favorite Answer

I don't think they ever will. Those people have this dysmorphic idea that we can rid the world of violence by taking away guns. They don't live in reality where the rest of us know that there's no such thing as a utopia.

Our second amendment is the most important amendment to the constitution. It is the very foundation of our freedom. The founding fathers knew it and placed it high on the list of this nations Bill of Rights.

If we ever loose the second amendment the first, third, fourth and fifth will soon fall. Our people should look at every amendment ratified after the Bill of Rights and they will see that most even though there were good intentions when they were passed have also been responsible for taking away just a little more of our freedom.

Term limits on the executive branch and no control over the legislative branch has shifted more power to the senators and congressional representatives than they deserve or should have. This one decision alone has been a disaster when it comes to the freedom of American citizens.

The Second Amendment does not mention registration, as this was added at a later date in order to tax the citizens who own guns and restrict ownership.

Registration also gives the government a data base to who has bought guns, as does the waiting period. Anyone who has bought or registered a gun of any sort since the registration or waiting period is listed on the FBI list and when they begin the confiscation of privately owned firearms, you will be approached. I will not be because I have never bought from anyplace but a gun show or private citizen and will never register one.

Yes, some day after the New Revolution, we may be thanked by some. Some will still call us Rebels and traitors because we stood and fought to defend the Constitution and the liberty of all, bu that day is surely heading toward us like a fast freight train rolling through the night at breakneck speed.

Boy,there sure are a lot of clueless people around here. People that believe their government is above reproach and always has their best interests at heart. See what our educational system has done to our youth? Brainwashed them so that many of them don't know what their Constitution says. Our history books have been taken over by history revisionists, so that the things us "old fogy's" learned is no longer in print. To say it can't happen here is not looking at the handwriting on the wall. If people would just look up all the House bills regarding guns, you'd be amazed at how active our government is in limiting or stopping its citizens from gun ownership. Little by little we lose our rights. First it's the automatic weapons...machine guns & such. Then it's the semi-automatic...which some deer rifles fall into. Then it will be the rifle itself. Handguns are already banned in many places, and will continue to be taken from us (just try to walk through a Louisiana swamp without a handgun and see how being face to face with a water moccasin will change you into a believer!). In the right places, guns are good...and necessary. By banning guns, you just take it out of the hands of responsible & honest people. The criminals know how to get what they need, even making it when needful. Several years ago, a woman in our community killed another woman for planning on marrying a man she used to date. You know what she used? A frying pan! Yes, she whacked her several times until the gal was dead. Then shoved her into the dead woman's car & drove it to a near-by state park and left it there (see edit below). The thing is, people will use whatever method they think will work the best, when taking another persons life. Like another person said, a gun is just more convenient and more anonymous. And for the person who's against those who kill "innocent" animals...have you ever been between starvation and not starving? I have, and believe me, eating is better. The first year I was married had us depending on what we shot for meat. We fished as well, but squirrels & deer were more abundant for us. Yes, here in America, many families have to use a gun to provide meat for their families. Waiting for something to walk into a snare or for something to die just doesn't cut it when your kids are crying for something to eat. Food stamps? You gotta be kidding...they're a joke to those who live way out in the sticks. Some people just like too comfortably to understand how others really live. This IS the land of the plenty, but only if you can get to it. And if you have a gun, you can provide more for your family than just hanging a head over the mantle. It's not about the trophies. It's about keeping the right to bear any arms that you want, to be used in a lawful way. So, will the day come? I hope and pray not. When a government disarms its people, that government stops being a government for, by and of the people. It then becomes a government that does what it wants, separate from the people. Which is pretty much what they've been doing recently. <*)))><

Source(s): Edit: Here's the information on the frying pan murder, for those of you who think I'm making this stuff up...got it fresh off the 'net... 65) State v. Henningsen. 308 N.W.2d 770 (Wis. 1981) The body of Nancy Potts was found in an abandoned car in Adams County. Nancy's mother testified that Nancy knew Janna L. Henningsen because they lived in the same trailer park, and that Nancy moved to another trailer park because she feared Henningsen. Nancy became acquainted with Kenny Reichhoff of correspondence while he was in prison. They began to date when he was released. They were to be married, and invited Henningsen and Richard Reichhoff, Kenny's brother, to the ceremony. Nancy's mother received an inquiry from the hospital where Nancy worked as to Nancy's whereabouts. That noon her mother called the hospital and spoke to personnel who indicated that Nancy had received a telephone call from Henningsen to visit her. Nancy's mother went to defendant's trailer, knocked at the doors and obtained no response. Henningsen was convicted of first-degree murder following a bifurcated jury trial in which she was found guilty and not to be relieved of responsibility by mental disease or defect. Henningsen was admitted to the DOC with a life sentence on 6.14.79 and was released on 9.27.94 after serving fifteen years of incarceration.

I used to be a Socialist (never an out-and-out Communist, however, because I could never swallow atheism -- agnosticism, maybe, but those who say they KNOW there is no God seem even more ignorant than the most crazed fundamentalists, whether Christian or Muslim or whatever).

But I have always believed in the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, both for personal protection, and in the worst case scenario, to defend the people against a tyrannous government.

The totally committed anti-gun nuts will never admit they are wrong, even if you saved their family from rape and murder with your firearm. They would just insist that there must have been another way. Crazy people are just crazy.

I thought it quite telling that the USSC was quick to back-peddle and stammer that felons didn't have a RKBA. Funny thing that; the law is in place to restore a felon's right, but the office of the (unconstitutional) BATF set up to process those applications has been defunded for decades.

The fact is, a felon, especially one who has done time, and one who tries legally to have his RKBA restored, is exactly the person I want in the trenches beside me.

A felon who doesn't care, who is still a defacto criminal, won't bother with getting gov't to recognize him as a citizen who has paid his debt. He'll just grab a gun and probably use it against innocents.

Those who have lived behind the walls know first hand the horror government thugs are capable of and will fight to the death to avoid capture.

You wimps who think owning a gun makes you free are ignorant at best; Using a gun against tyrants makes you free. Winning the war against tyranny makes everyone free...until the time comes when the servant becomes the master.

Why don't you call for enlistments into boarder control forces and man the Mexican boarder by having free turkey shoots 24 hours a day. Well there is enough guns to be able to achieve this side by side gunners will stand all along the boarder with relief gunners to give the front rank a rest.

I see no problem with this suggestion as what is it America has about 13 million unemployed with another estimate of about 20 million homeless people.

Some folks appear to not recognize that, although Jefferson and his friend WROTE the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, it has always been necessary to have the Citizen hold to them. These people, through the centuries, have also been necessary to advise those who DO NOT know what their rights and responsibilities are as American citizens - to learn them, learn how they've made this the best Country on Earth, learn how to DEFEND Her.

I'm sure that a lot of folks here DO NOT know, nor do they care, about Tienanmen Square. They don't know, nor do they care to know just how bad life is in North Korea and shooting ICBM's at us is their only way of ensuring the citizenry EATS. That's if Obama negotiates with terrorists as it appears he will do. ANYONE with half a brain knows this is a TERRIBLE thing to do. Violence begets violence.

It's clear that there are folks on here who do not realize that Russia is run by the same old Communist Dictators as it was before the Wall came down. They just have different titles and wear different suits - they're the same guys.

Learn your History, people. Perhaps then you'll be better able to understand why we are so frightened by what we see is happening to our Country.

EDIT: To the gun grabbers - in contrast to you folks - how many of you knew of the THOUSANDS of our G.I.'s who were hit as soon as they hit the beach at Normandy who then crawled up as far as they could - passed their rifles to those still on their feet - and had the ones still walking and shooting USE THEM as body shields.

They knew exactly what they were doing when they did it. They did it in the name of FREEDOM and the name of their buddies. That is what a TRUE Patriot will do if he becomes disabled and can't fight the tyrants on their own.

No I Don't Think the Day Will Come , But then Again Im Not Anti Gun .

The Threat To The Civillian Population Is real Though Don't Believe Me GOOGLE "Operation Garden Plot " - And Read - I Was A Part Of that Operation In The Late 60's

Peace !

I agree! I am as enraged as you are, because this goes beyond belief system. I see it as an insult to the innocent an insult to the constitutional right to defend oneself, and ultimately an insult to our intelligence. What are we supposed to be, sitting ducks?

For all I am concerned, the anti gunners should be front liners that get hit first, but it's hard to fix it that way. We'd accomplish so much! They either turn pro-guns or their very existence or non existence for that matter, will put an end to this issue.

Praise the Lord, and Pass the ammunition!

I would like to grab one or two of those anti-gunners and use them as shields to protect myself. Now that would be quite fitting, wouldn't it, since they're the reason we lose our liberties... I bet they would deem this as unethical, and anti-constitutional... Here I go again....

I learned a long time ago not to ever use the word "

never " when speaking because it will come back to bite you in the butt every time .

also just a blanket comment her on the situation , When Hitler controlled almost half the world , every captured country said " It will never happen here"

What does our future hold , I mean who would have ever thought we would have a president running an automobile business and putting thriving business out of work becausse they gave to the Republican campaign , but that is not the reason they used .