Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

*ENVIRONMETAL SCIENCE*I need help fast with these question i dont understand please help me?

1. This is a division of DOI, in charge of the health, biodiversity, and control of the use of public lands and reserves. It regulates cattle grazing on public lands, controls populations of wild burros and horses on reserves, and is in charge of keeping records on native and endemic species.

Bureau of Land Management (BLM)

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

The Department of Transportation (DOT)

The Department of Energy (DOE)

2.After the first Earth Day, two more environmental groups were established; Greenpeace in 1970 and the Sierra Club in 1971. These two groups went on to be the most popular and outspoken of the environmental awareness groups.

True

False

3. All the plumbing fixtures and toilets should be low flow, which reduces the amount of water needed while still maintaining the pressure.

True

False

4. American consumers have the lowest amount of waste per person in the world.

True

False

5. Some examples of biodegradable materials are diapers made of cellulose and plastic bags made from cornstarch.

True

False

6. One of the least difficult wastes to deal with is nuclear waste.

True

False

7. It is estimated that over 80% of all products are thrown away after six weeks of use.

True

False

8. Compost is a rich soil amendment of organic matter that is made from decomposed plant parts collected from kitchen or yard waste.

True

False

9. It is estimated that there are thousands of satellites, pieces of old booster rockets, nuts and bolts, and a long list of scrap material left in orbit above the Earth.

True

False

10. The Department of Transportation (DOT) is in charge of all forms of transport systems and vehicles.

True

False

11. Modern thermal power plants generate power basically the same way that old steam engines do.

True

False

12. The great Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) began oil transport in 1977 and has maintained the highest flow rates since it began.

True

False

pLEASE HELP I WILLL VOTE BEST ANSWER PLEASE HELP ME

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

1. This is a division of DOI, in charge of the health, biodiversity, and control of the use of public lands and reserves. It regulates cattle grazing on public lands, controls populations of wild burros and horses on reserves, and is in charge of keeping records on native and endemic species.

Bureau of Land Management (BLM)

2.After the first Earth Day, two more environmental groups were established; Greenpeace in 1970 and the Sierra Club in 1971. These two groups went on to be the most popular and outspoken of the environmental awareness groups.

True

3. All the plumbing fixtures and toilets should be low flow, which reduces the amount of water needed while still maintaining the pressure.

True

4. American consumers have the lowest amount of waste per person in the world.

False

5. Some examples of biodegradable materials are diapers made of cellulose and plastic bags made from cornstarch.

True

6. One of the least difficult wastes to deal with is nuclear waste.

False

7. It is estimated that over 80% of all products are thrown away after six weeks of use.

I don't see any sources with this statistic, so I put false

False

8. Compost is a rich soil amendment of organic matter that is made from decomposed plant parts collected from kitchen or yard waste.

True

9. It is estimated that there are thousands of satellites, pieces of old booster rockets, nuts and bolts, and a long list of scrap material left in orbit above the Earth.

True

10. The Department of Transportation (DOT) is in charge of all forms of transport systems and vehicles.

True

11. Modern thermal power plants generate power basically the same way that old s

• 3 years ago

I propose you do your possess study on how the Jw's began. It will surprise you at how a few foolish matters, like developing a modest, good -saved beard are nonetheless frowned upon. The first founding father of the Jw's had a beard! (then a complete combat broke out and the individuals cut up- it is complex you'll be able to have got to seem it up) nevertheless it ended up that the reaming Jw's weren't allowed to put on a beard so they did not exhibit honor to the person who left ( the man with a beard.) And it is a functional rule to NOT be on the web, in view that that's how the entire know-how is handed round now approximately the beginnings of each and every faith.... the sector is at your fingertips with the web. Some know-how approximately the Jw's is NOT imply to be obvious for worry you are going to lose your religion so the institution frowns upon any recreation that can lead you to studying in your possess and finding those "errors."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.