Iceman asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

can anyone tell me wat kind of snake is this,.?

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/member0001...

is this snake has a venom?/

what kind of food i must give 2 my new pet., haha

.,. and do you have an advice 4 me to take care of this pet., ??,. help me pls.,,.

and this is not coral snake for sure., coz i found this near my house and my house is near field,. im kinda worried bout this., so pls help me.,.

Best Answer

Its hard to make out, if you e-mail me another picture, I can tell you what it is and how to take care of it.

Source(s): Zookeeper/Herp breeder

Ok I know where I've seen this but it may not be the same thing. It looks extremely similar though but hard to tell from picture. Do you live in south or southeast asia? I believe it is a hatchling ornate flying snake. The adults have a completely different pattern but juveniles display the pattern like yours...

Look at this picture and decide. You should be able to tell by looking at the head. Not exact match but it's very close.

http://www.clsp.jhu.edu/people/zak/ramana/Images/S...

They eat lizards, bats, and sometimes small rodents in the wild. Probably won't have any luck getting it to eat anything but lizards in captivity though.

They are mildly venomous but aren't considered dangerous to humans.

ideally, a snake could desire to consume one wisely sized rodent according to feeding, yet whilst your snake is 5 a million/2 ft, you have have been given to maintain feeding her those 10 fuzzies till you artwork out a extra effective answer. with out seeing the snake in guy or woman, i won't be in a position to assert precisely what the flaky scales are. What are your temps? Your humidity? How long have you ever had it? How long has she been a choosy eater? **How do you thaw your mice??** it particularly is criminal to feed stay rodents, even with the reality that I basically advise it whilst a snake is extremely keen to starve itself to loss of life if it does not get its way. so which you're doing the suitable element. the main hassle-free reason for a snake to act petrified of mice is that if she's been bitten. that can traumatize a snake and make it petrified of any rodent that resembles the only that bit it, so perhaps your snake feels extra comfortable eating fuzzies by way of fact they are non-threatening. i could advise you attempt offering a fuzzy rat to the snake. many times if the snake has never smelled a rat in the previous, it won't affiliate it with the mice (which it form of feels petrified of). back, i won't be in a position to tell with out extra documents besides the fact that if the floor subject is concerning the choosy eating or not, so i could advise you're taking it to a reptile vet or a community snake breeder to take a glance. ~desire this facilitates!~

It is a kingsnake... I know because I own a few kingsnakes myself.. I have a california kingsnake around that size.. feed it frozen thawed pinkie mice from your local pet shop evry 3-5 days. they are harmless and in the wild actually eat rattlesnakes and are immune to their venom.. they are very good for the yard. it would be great if you let him go and just bought a captive bred from the stores they are much nicer and calmer.. keep him in at least a 30 gal tank for when he is full grow but for now a 10 gal tank is fine

Source(s): owning that snake

It appears to be a juvenile Flying snake, ? genus and sp. Check out the below link for photo comparison.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/enygmatic/1980398479/

Their main prey is lizards and small birds. A non-venomous snake.

Source(s): http://www.flickr.com/photos/enygmatic/1980398479/ 2 Zookeepers who dig snakes.

it looks kinda like a coral snake but i cant be 2 sure cus the pic is kinda blurry i suggest like gold fish or small mice

Source(s): me myself and i

its a juvenile flying snake for sure not venomous

• J C

a country of origin might be helpful. also a shot of the head will help identification.

Stab in the dark i would go for a king snake species

Here's how to tell...

red touches yellow kill a fellow (venomous)

red touches black friend to jack (non-venomous)

Source(s): My daughter volunteers at a local reptile rescue center and deals with all types of snakes (this is one of the first things she ever learned).

A pretty one with stripes