If the Big Bang Theory is true, what caused it and where did all the matter come from?

So, I'm a very scientific and analytical minded person. I understand the concept of the Big Bang Theory. I realize that it is the idea of an infinitely small, massive, dense, and hot point containing all the mass in the universe that at one point exploded and expanded to eventually create what we have today. ... show more So, I'm a very scientific and analytical minded person. I understand the concept of the Big Bang Theory. I realize that it is the idea of an infinitely small, massive, dense, and hot point containing all the mass in the universe that at one point exploded and expanded to eventually create what we have today. This all makes sense to me, but I can't accept this as the theory of the beginning of the universe. Maybe one universe, but I don't see how this could be the beginning of EVERYTHING. Obviously all the matter came from somewhere and was there before hand. How did it come about? What caused the actual eruption to happen? It would make sense to me if the big bang happened(s) several times and still does, like the opposite of what a black hole does, like black holes destroy everything ultimately and pull to an extremely dense point, then eventually it explodes again. So, if the Big Bang Theory is true, time and space must have existed beforehand for all the matter to exist. Maybe there were universes before that were swallowed by black holes, and exploded into what we have today. I don't know. Thoughts, opinions? I just feel like it doesn't make sense for there to be nothing at all, and then all the sudden all of the mass in the universe condensed into a small point pops out of nowhere and explodes. I'm open minded so I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on the subject!