Poll for ladies on views on mensturation?

I am taking a course in Horror Film and one of the concepts we'd came across is the Monstrous Feminine----which is the idea that the female form inspires abjection. Abjection means "exclusion of the abject", and the abject is usually anything that threatens the concept of self----such as corpses,... show more I am taking a course in Horror Film and one of the concepts we'd came across is the Monstrous Feminine----which is the idea that the female form inspires abjection. Abjection means "exclusion of the abject", and the abject is usually anything that threatens the concept of self----such as corpses, since they remind us of our own mortality----and things that are expelled from the self like menstural blood, urine, feces, vomit, etc.

Bleeding (mainly in the form of mensturation), then, is a key thing that makes women "monstrous". Consider the scene from "The Exorcist" where Regan was violently stabbing her vagina with a crucifix, bleeding and being possessed by evil. Also consider the film "Carrie". After Carrie's first period her telekinetic abilities strengthened, setting the stage for Carrie's monstrousity. Later in the film, Carrie's monstrousity fully erupted after she was drenched in pig's blood----killing everyone and destroying everything with her telekinetic abilities. In both movies, blood/bleeding serves as a key metaphor for the Monstrous Feminine.

So, ladies, what on your views on mensturation? Do you just see it as a normal physio function or do you attach meanings to it like these film theorists do? Do you agree with these film theorists? What does mensturation mean to you?

Thanks very much!
Update: I know the the concept of Monstrous Feminine is probably misogynist and I assure you, I am by no means attacking women here and I have no any ill feelings against women (I LOVE women), I am just asking a question. As a matter of fact, the Monstrous Feminine, as misogynist as it sounds, actually came from feminist... show more I know the the concept of Monstrous Feminine is probably misogynist and I assure you, I am by no means attacking women here and I have no any ill feelings against women (I LOVE women), I am just asking a question. As a matter of fact, the Monstrous Feminine, as misogynist as it sounds, actually came from feminist film scholarship (Julia Kristeva and Barbara Creed), and the concept was used to ask why patriarchy was established and against women.
Update 2: Interesting points and observations, everyone! :D Thank you to you all! I am giving everyone a thumbs-up! :)