My ex-husband and I share 50/50 legal/physical custody of our 6yr old son. He wants child support...?

Can he get child support even though we share 50/50 custody? I provide my son's medical insurance, I handle his doctors visits plus I drive 1 hour round trip to pick him up/drop him off when it is my turn to have him. My son spends half of the week with me and the other half with his father
Update: In response to littlemommy: Actually, I buy most of his clothes, he doesn't buy anything for him that i have seen. I have a constant battle with my ex because he always dresses him in clothes that don't fit i.e. my son is a size six, and when he sends him to my house he comes in size 4t pants. I pay... show more In response to littlemommy:

Actually, I buy most of his clothes, he doesn't buy anything for him that i have seen. I have a constant battle with my ex because he always dresses him in clothes that don't fit i.e. my son is a size six, and when he sends him to my house he comes in size 4t pants. I pay for the health insurance, medicines when he needs it, I miss work to take him to his doc appointments, while his father does basically nothing.