how rich would you say ANNE FRANK was before she hid in the annex?

hey! okay so anne frank, before she left to live in the secret annex, would you say she was rich, medium class, poor...?

Favorite Answer

How rich would you say ANNE FRANK was before she hid in the annex?Her father Otto Frank was probably medium class --------------

Otto Heinrich "Pim" Frank (12 May 1889 – 19 August 1980) was the father of Anne and Margot Frank. As the sole member of his family to survive the Holocaust, he inherited Anne's manuscripts after her death, and arranged for the publication of her diary in 1947.

Born into a banking family in Frankfurt am Main, Frank served in the Imperial German Army on the Western Front during World War I, and was promoted to lieutenant in 1915. He married Edith Holländer on 12 May 1925 in Frankfurt-am-Main, and their first daughter, Margot, was born on 16 February 1926, followed by Anne on 12 June 1929.

As the tide of Nazism rose in Germany and anti-Jewish decrees encouraged attacks on Jewish individuals and families, Frank decided to evacuate his family to the safer western nations of Europe. In the summer of 1933 he moved his family to Aachen, where his wife's mother resided, in preparation for a subsequent and final move to Amsterdam in the Netherlands. In 1938 and in 1941 he attempted to obtain visas for his family to emigrate to the United States or Cuba. He was granted a single visa for himself to Cuba on 1 December 1941, but no one knows if it ever reached him. Ten days later, when Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy declared war on the United States, the visa was cancelled by Havana.

Otto had been making plans for his family to go into hiding for over a year, the plan was for the family to move into The Annex later that July, however they were forced to flee to the Annex early in response to a call-up notice sent to his daughter Margot on July 5,1942 to go to a work camp. Frank took his family into hiding on 6 July 1942 in the upper rear rooms of the Opekta premises on the Prinsengracht. They were joined two weeks later by Hermann van Pels and his wife and son, and in November by Fritz Pfeffer also known in Anne's diary as Mr. Dussel. Their concealment was aided by Otto Frank's colleagues Johannes Kleiman, whom he had known since 1923, Miep Gies, Victor Kugler, and Bep Voskuijl.

They were concealed for two years, until they were betrayed by an anonymous informant in August 1944. Frank, his family, the four people he hid with, and Kugler and Kleiman were arrested by SS Officer Karl Silberbauer. After being imprisoned in Amsterdam, the Jewish prisoners were sent to the Dutch transit camp of Westerbork and finally to Auschwitz. Here Frank was separated from his wife and daughters. He was sent to the men's barracks and found himself in the sick barracks when he was liberated by Soviet troops on 27 January 1945. He travelled back to the Netherlands over the next six months and set about tracing his arrested family and friends. By the end of 1945, he knew he was the sole survivor of the family, and of those who had hidden in the house on the Prinsengracht.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Frank

Probably the same things she did, such as write in a diary to an imaginary friend, but I would write to "Queenie" instead of "Kitty". Talk to anyone close to my own age, drive some of the other folks hiding with me nuts, cry a lot, pray that the Nazis would never find us. Hope that one day we would be free gain. Read anything I could lay my hands on. Draw on any old newspapers. Stay lying down so that I wouldn't make any noise. Try to see happier moments in my imagination. Meditate and Astral Project myself away from that troubled time.

id say middle class... maybe toward the lower middle class