.. The Next Madonna.. ?

Hey guys, hows your weekend been?

So my mom told me that she was reading a magazine where they claimed that Lily Allen had the potential to be the next Madonna. Do you think so? I have nothing against her as an artist, I actually like some of her music, but I don't think she's \that\ great.

MQ: Favourite album from this year?

MQ2: Do you know any bands that could be the next [blank]?

BQ: Any of you guys stretch your ears?

Pretty good, thanks. =)

Favorite Answer

NO ONE will be. NEVER. Why? Madonna is the only artist that has the potential to keep reinventing herself forever. It's been 28 years.. and she's still breaking records EVERYWHERE and is in the media many times. She's also very smart, excellent buisnesswoman, she's original, well-rounded talent.

Lily allen.. seriously? She has no talent, WTF? She's just one of those celebrities (which are almost all of them) that just hang around seeking attention by doing various stupid unoriginal publicity stunts.

And whoever said Lady Gaga.. No. Not even close. She's not even original, her looks like a mash-up of Christina Aguilera, Madonna and Kylie Minogue.

And plus, over the past 10 years, there has been many speculations of the next Madonna.. and all of them failed or is irrelevant now.

She's not planning on adopting African orphans as well is she? lol

Madonna's not my thing, Lily Allen's not my thing. But I know enough about music to say that Lily Allen will never be as big as Madonna. Madonna came out at a time where she was unique and individual. If Lily Allen even looks like becoming that successful another record label will go and find another Lily to take the spotlight. It's becomming really hard to have a long, successful career in the music industry these days.

MA. New music? What's that?

MA2. The Jonas Brothers could be the next Nirvana! Gun please!

BA. Not after "that day"

You ok?

Hey Dream, my weekend's been pretty damn super! How about yours? :)

Nope, I wouldn't say that! I mean Lily Allen was certainly a lil' bit different from the other pop singers around when she first appeared but...I don't think she's quite unique or *something* enough to be the next Madonna. Hmm, I don't know quite what it is that she lacks though :P It's like Madonna can command respect even from those who hate pop (well, sometimes!) but I don't think Lily Allen is good enough to do that. Just my thoughts though! I guess we'll have to wait and see! I don't have anything against her, some of her songs are quite catchy although not really the type of music that I would choose to listen to.

Check back with me in 30 years. If Lily Allen is still relevant in 2039, I'll possibly concede the point.

Ever since Madonna hit it big and stayed big peopole have declared some pop star the next Madonna. But it's a hell of a lot harder to be a consistently solid pop star than people give credit.

I can't really comment on that because I've done my best to avoid listening to the material middle aged girl and I'm not familiar with the works of Lily Allen. All I can say is that at least it isn't Britney Spears....

mq - American Soldier/Queensryche

mq2 - I don't try to presume

bq - no can't say that I have but then I'm not a dude and I prefer earrings to gaping holes in my ears.

nah, they'll never b anothr Madge!

Lily Allen isn't different enough to make it real big and Lady GaGa prob won't hav any more big hits-they prob won't be round much longer. So just keep hopin guys!!!!

MQ: its not out yet but defenetly La Roux's debut album-awsome!!!

MQ2:no, no bands seem to stay together long enough to be the next anything!!!

Hav a gr8 day!

Luv BoB-KAT

DREAMMMM

I don't really rate Lily Allen...her voice gives me the sh*ts for some reason!!!

MA: So far....no idea...waiting for the TBS new album...

MQ2: A Day To Remember could be the next ...... Thrice :)

BA: ummmmmmm

hmm.

I don't think anybody will be the next Madonna.

I mean, come on'.

we still have to deal with the REAL Madonna.

MA: Lotusflow3r by Prince, however I can't wait for Let It Roll: Songs by George Harrison.

MA2: Radiohead could be the next Pink Floyd.

i dont like lily allen shes too snobbish ,lady gaga is the next madonna :Dxx

i dont listen to lily allen. i dont think shes good. i think lady gaga is the next madonna