Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Harris County, TX---What happens if I had no insurance in a traffic accident?

Ok, I have checked jp.hctx.net website and I see the fines but my question is:

1.) The no insurance infraction ranges from $175-$350. If I get insurance after the accident and present my new insurance card to the court, will there be any mercy?

2.) If I choose a payment plan and extend the due date, will the other person's insurance company attach the accident costs to it?

3.) How will the insurance company deal with me not having insurance? Is it handled through a creditor or directly?

4.) I am a college student. Should I even mention that?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Well they will take your license for up to 1yr.and you will have to pay damages.Getting insurance now won't help or being a student

1. NO!

2. Any insurance you get (if you can get one to take you) will have nothing to do with the costs of this accident.

3. They'll take you to court and sue for their money including court costs, unless you pay up first.

4. So what?

Source(s): Once again the old axiom, "education does not mean you are smart" is proven.
  • ken k

soooooooo--unless you have been hit with a giant barrel of stupid you are going to say what to the judge//he is going to suspend for driving without ins//an even if you got it now it only proves to him that you new you needed insurance//you would not drive if the car had no brakes//get the point//you also get fined and either dont drive or get ins