promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is noam chomsky a holocaust denier?

I have recently read some articles by holocaust deniers and my thoughts rather naturally leant towards Noam Chomsky as they seem to have draw similar similar conclusions on middle east policy, etc.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

just bc someone shares conclusions with fascists/nazis/etc., doesn't mean that the conclusions are wrong. trotsky (who is a bad guy himself) was denounced by stalin for criticizing the soviet system as "totalitarian." stalin would say "look, trotsky is saying the same thing as the US and ex-nazis and fascists in germany are saying." the implication being that if what he was saying was also said by the evil US and germany, then it must not be true. trotsky replied, rightly, "just bc facists are saying what i'm saying, doesn't mean its true, and it's not going to stop me from saying it."

noam chomsky has never denied the holocaust (read his writings on the holocaust) and the closest he came was to defend the right of a holocaust denier to speak (the Faurisson affair). chomsky, you see, accepts american values and thus assumes rightly that defending the right of a holocaust denier to speak his mind (if we can call it that in the case of a holocaust denier) is not the same as defending the holocaust denier's beliefs.

also, chomsky's conclusions on the state of affairs in the middle east and israel-palestine may be in the minority here in the US, but everywhere else in the world (asia, europe, south america, africa), it's taken as a given that the US is torturing the middle east for its oil and that israel is imposing apartheid-like conditions on the palestinians. now, do we then conclude that all of the world is anti-semitic and holocaust deniers? or is it that maybe perhaps noam chomsky's conclusions (shared by the rest of the world) on the middle east and israel-palestine have some truth to them?

every year, the UN votes on a resolution titled something like "peaceful resolution to israel-palestine problem" and every year the vote is something like 166-2, with the 2 negative votes being the US and israel. are all of those 166 countries full of raving anti-semites and holocaust deniers? or perhaps there's some truth to this alternate (according to US mainstream ideas) interpretation?

if you want to get a sense of what the rest of the world thinks, try looking up bbc or some other foreign source (the bbc is british, so it's the closest to the US in terms of opinions and so on, but it's still very different - the rest of the world makes the US look off the spectrum).

i also suggest that you read some more chomsky and look up his sources.

• Regressive6 months agoReport

You should take your own advice. Chomsky is notorious for denying Communist genocide, and your lies about most of the world siding with the genocidal hamas because the UN (who also deny Communist genocide) promotes Islamic terrorism is laughable:

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • kays
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Noam Chomsky Holocaust

• Cody M3 years agoReport

There is no apartheid in Israel. You're as stupid and dishonest as Chomsky.

• 1 decade ago

No he is not. There were very few problems in the Middle East until we in the West decided to meddle in their affairs, one of the biggest mistakes being the setting up of the state of Israel, a move pushed for by the Zionist movement.

Being against Israel and it's policies is NOT anti Jewish. In fact true Jews are against Zionism, and they are appalled at the treatment by Israel of the Palestinians, as it goes against every ethical principle of Judaism.

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/zionism/notjews....

The politics of the Middle East is not as simple as some news media would like to suggest. You need to expand your news sources and even watch news channels such as Al Jazzera to get a fuller picture. You can then make up your own mind instead of being brainwashed.

Noam Chomsky is no holocaust denier, and I would not take the word of biased news media. As boing pointed out, he spoke out for free speech, even though he didn't agree with what was being said.

If you really want to know what he believes in, read his books. Plenty of libraries stock them.

• Regressive6 months agoReport

You’re the one in dire need of a library, both to see that Chomsky is notorious for his denial of Communist genocide, and to cure this pathetic Islamofascist lie that the Middle east was a peaceful utopia until EVIL
      JOOZE AND WYPEPO

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avM0n

Jews need to quit MILKING the holocaust!!! Who cares about the holocaust.......NOBODY...its too late ,,those people are dead TOUGH

• Sandra S4 years agoReport

When i read your obituary, i will say who cares? better dead than a live mutha

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Noam Chomsky is a highly over rated liberal. Some people worship this guy, and why this is I can't not possibly understand.

• ...Show all comments
    • Cody M3 years agoReport

Chomsky is a notoriously dishonest and unintelligent propagandist who appeals to a fringe minority with his love of Communist totalitarianism and genocide. By throwing yourself in with him, you make the bold statement that you are just as stupid and evil.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.