U.S. History question about the 14th amendment?

The 14th amendment provides that no "state [shall] deprive any person of life,liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." A direct result of this amendment was that

1. the process of amending the Constitution became slower and more complex

2. the guarantees in the Bill of Rights were applied to state actions

3. every citizen gained an absolute right to freedom of speech and assembly

4. the power of the Federal Government was sharply reduced

Favorite Answer

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Basically those are the rights guaranteed under the Bill of rights under the US Constitution and cannot be denied by any state.

I know from experience. I live in Missouri and and representing myself in a city and state lawsuit. I was able to prove I would not get a fair trial where I live, it is a good old boys club. So I used the 14th to prove that my fundamental right under the Bill of rights would be violated and even found proof to present and was comparable to similar cases based in the same thing. Such as-

1. Chicago, Burlington, Quincy Railroad Co. v. Chicago 1897

2. Washington v. Texas 1967

3. Parker v. Gladden 1966

4. Edgewood v. Kirby 1989

5. Barron v. Baltimore 1835

So I know my 14th amendment.

Want to find out more about this too