Wine for health - does it have to be red wine?

Is white wine just as good?

If it's not as good as red, does it have any health benefits at all?

(speaking specifically about Blue Nun, since it's the one I'd prefer)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It has been determined that white wine in the regions where people drink it daily is a source of attacks on nervous system - the average number of paralysis being ab-normal - ( statistics )

White wine can also trigger strong headaches - mainly when combined with red wine or other alkoholic drinks

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

White wine is also good for health but it may not have the same benefits as red wines. But then a lot of research has and will continue to show both or either being good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

About 75% of the benefits of red wine are from the alcohol itself, the rest are from the antioxidants and other vitamins in the grape skins. White wine is made without the skins, so it's still good for you, but not as good.

1-2 glasses a day of any alcohol is good for you... you should also take a look at beer, it has all the benefits of the alcohol in wine, plus different vitamins and compounds that are beneficial to your health.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

White wine is not as "good" for you simply because it has a higher concentration of sugar since it is not made with the skins like red wine is; therefore it's missing some of the synergists that the industry likes to hype.

It is frustrating. I love my occasional well made Chardonnay over red wine any day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1 glass (4oz) a day of wine is considered beneficial, because it reduces heart disease, has antioxidants and other benefits

white doesn't have even close to the antioxidants that red has, so it doesn't have as much health benefitsl

regular wine doesn't have bubbles, and i don't know why someone would think bubbles has health benefits anyway.

• 1 decade ago

yes, doctors have found that two glasses of red wine daily are good for your heart

Source(s): my doctor
  • Elly.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

red is the best, I think

• 1 decade ago

well wine is good because it has those bubbles in it and thats good for u just like soda but wines better.

the difference between red and white wine idk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.