Marriage Interview but no response yet?

I am an American citizen and sponsored my husband last year. We had our marriage interview 3 months ago and it was short. The lady just asked him and myself some questions and let us go in 5 minutes. She said we will get a response in the mail soon. We also gave her some pictures from our album, photocopies of life... show more I am an American citizen and sponsored my husband last year. We had our marriage interview 3 months ago and it was short. The lady just asked him and myself some questions and let us go in 5 minutes. She said we will get a response in the mail soon. We also gave her some pictures from our album, photocopies of life insurance where I am beneficiary, tax returns and other electric bills etc.

It has been 3 months but we haven't heard anything. My husband called the USCIS 1800 # and they said they will send him some update. The only update we got in the mail was-- "We are actively processing your case" It also mentioned that they were doing additional review.

I am freaking out and not sure what seems to be the delay. We do not have any criminal records and husband is highly educated and licensed by the internal revenue service. This is also hurting his practice as he had planned on traveling to Canada this summer for some conference but cannot travel until we get his resident card.

Is this normal?