Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 decade ago

Do you believe that the palestinian arabs really want a state?

As it turned out,the Olmert Government offered to Abbas a PA state. Again. And the palestinian arabs rekected the offer. Again

The Palestinian Authority rejected an offer from the Olmert government for a PA state on almost the entire area of Judea and Samaria (Yesha), according to an article in today’s Washington Post by Deputy Editorial Editor Jackson Diehl which reveals details of his recent conversation with PA Chairman President Mahmoud Abbas.

“In our meeting Wednesday, Abbas acknowledged that Olmert had shown him a map proposing a Palestinian state on 97 percent of the West Bank -- though he complained that the Israeli leader refused to give him a copy of the plan. He confirmed that Olmert ‘accepted the principle’ of the ‘right of return’ of Palestinian refugees -- something no previous Israeli prime minister had done -- and offered to resettle thousands in Israel. In all, Olmert's peace offer was more generous to the Palestinians than either that of Bush or Bill Clinton; it's almost impossible to imagine Obama, or any Israeli government, going further.

Abbas turned it down".

If I cry at every corner how I want something and someone gives it to me , but I reject it- then, the truth is that I do not want it.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Technically Abbas can declare independence anytime he wants just like Arafat could have, but neither ever did. If they do then they lose Israeli free healthcare, Palestinians lose there jobs in Israel, Israel won't need to keep sending food and money to the PA and weapons to the Palestinians police.

It is all just a game, Abbas knows a Palestinian state will never work and the Arab world dousnt want it to exist

• 1 decade ago

Well, I think they do want a state, even though they don't know how to govern one. But the thing is, they only want it if it includes all of Israel's land.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well what was in the offer. If it was more of the same crap, then I don't blame the Palestinians for turning it down.

• 1 decade ago

Well past polls have shown that 60-70% have expressed their desire for Palestinian territories to be part of Jordan. Another poll has shown that only 10% consider themselves palestinian.....while 80% consider themselves muslim arabs. You decide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yes they want a state... they want the entire state of Israel so that they can drive the majority of the Jews and Christians out, force dhimmi status on the few that remain, just as they've done throughout the the Middle East, and then destroy the rest of the Holy Land before their so-called mahdi appears.

Sadly, it looks like this is exactly what the closet muslim and teleprompter-in-chief is going to push for.

• 1 decade ago

@Haute Couture: Do they also want Jordan (the 'East Bank'), which is also part of Palestine? Or is that not include because it is not controlled by Jews? Is the conflict over a Palestinian state, or over Jewish sovereignty?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The blessed and sanctified Separation Barrier which DEMARCATES the border stays! We are here and they are there!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They want a state, right now it's called Israel. That's the one they want. And they'll get it... eventually.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They dont want 30% of their land, they want all the 100% which is Whats now called Gaza, West Bank and Israel.

Source(s): Free Palestine
  • 1 decade ago

Why Kosovo get one ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.