sharp or a philipps HDTV?

i dunno much about tvs. im plannin to buy a tv thats under $1000. somewhere between 700-800 bucks. so far, my main choices is the "Philips 42PFL5603D/27 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV" OR "Sharp LC 42SB45U - 42" LCD TV - widescreen - 1080p (FullHD) - HDTV - black"

heres a link to those tvs:

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC-42SB45U-widescreen-...

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-42PFL5603D-27-42-Inc...

are these good tvs? im planning to get one of these at walmart since i get a discount. are these good or can i find better? and which of the 2 is better and why??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Philips use to be No 1 in TV. but times change. Philips LCD TV is not so great since 15 years ago, when Philips TV section HQ move to Singapore , also Philips and LG Korea JV to manufactures LCD Display panel ( from Sep.2008 Philips given out JV ,sold to LG ). Philips TV now are also link with China Konka and TCL group for LCD TV designs/productions.Those TV sold under Philips brand in North America is all made in Thailand by Funai electric. compare to other Worldwide Brand ,Philips TV is the mose lower class/quality . Sharp TV always in great quality. Sharp made own LCD display panel in Japan.Sharp is world lagers LCD Display panel manufactures since 13 years ago . even Sony 40 inc above size screen LCD panel is from Sharp ( Sony did not made own LCD display panel ). Sharp TV is great in pictures quality and reliable . go for the LC-42SB45U-w never go wrong. * Samsung is one of the great TV in the market.so call " cheap and good ", Sony also great,but over prices. **

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

useful television! confident, call your community cable organization and get a HD receiver to your television. it is going to somewhat practice you what your television is able to. considering which you have "universal" DVDs and not HD-DVD or Blu-Ray i might propose buying an Oppo DVD participant. This DVD participant will "upconvert" your universal DVD sign to a HD sign. there are various upconverting DVD gamers on the industry at present yet I even have discovered that at $149, the Oppo is the suitable value for the money. it is going to truthfully take a universal DVD movie (~520 lines of selection) and upconvert it to 720p or perhaps 1080i.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I strongly prefer the Phillips one. It has more hd inputs, looks sleeker, has 4 built-in speakers with surround sound. Plus it has more reviews than the Sharp one. Has won awards, and is more energy efficient. Buy it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.