Telling my psych. that I have suicidal thoughts?

I'm having suicidal thoughts but I don't have any motivation to actually act on these thoughts, nor do I have any sort of plan to attempt suicide. If I told my therapist that I was having these thoughts, but didn't want to act on them and that's why I'm telling him, would he be able to tell my... show more I'm having suicidal thoughts but I don't have any motivation to actually act on these thoughts, nor do I have any sort of plan to attempt suicide. If I told my therapist that I was having these thoughts, but didn't want to act on them and that's why I'm telling him, would he be able to tell my mother? I don't want him to tell her, I just want to get rid of the thoughts. Will this be considered danger to self or others and he'll have to do something about it or what?

Thanks :)
Update: John- having suicidal thoughts is not the same thing as being psychotic. I'm not schizophrenic. Thanks.