stock broker questions?

ok im irritated right now i didnt know why but im new to this stock investing stuff and i went to sign up for etrade and i was on my iphone and i was very nervous about entering in my ssn so i did it on my iphone bc i trust it more then my computer so anyways the next step was they asked me my employment and unfortunatly im unenployed right now and i could not give the info so i went to cancel the application process and it wouldnt let me delete my information on it and now i have this fetish that my ssn is floating around and im still curious about this but does it cost to sign up (SIGN UP NOT INVEST OR SELL) does this cost money and do i have to be employed to sign up im only 18 soo i no nothing of this just sounds interesting to me and i am looking for a job right now anyway but times are hard but anyway can someone expkain this whole thing to me please?/??????

Best Answer

Forget the SS# thing. It's a secure site. E-Trade is a mediocre broker, but you don't have to fear them doing anything harmful with your SS#.

You're doing this all backwards. You learn about trading/investing first. You decide what your style of trading/investing will be. You decide what you need from a broker to achieve this. This can take 6 months to a few years depending on what you want to learn and do.

Regarding brokers. Here's a great article from Barons;

http://webreprints.djreprints.com/2150810784950.pd...

There are a number of concerns with your question. Why would you want to sign up for an account with no money to invest or no job?

Also as the previous person mentioned you should spend many hours researching and study into the stock markets. You are playing poker with the high dollar folks who have been playing the market for many years. Currently you are like a blind man playing poker with a marked deck - think you can win?

I have been with Etrade since they went public. Your information is safe with the company but as always there could be one person who steals the data base and resales it. But this has even happen with the federal government.

• sam

AIG was be a best stock to invest if you plan to invest for a long term, because AIG is too big to fail and beside AIG no longer need government bailout money. if you invest in AIG are now you returning profit is 10-30 times in 3-5 years.

• kanosh

of the 4 companies you listed, I definitely have adventure with constancy purely. i'm chuffed doing enterprise with them. in case you reside close to a minimum of certainly one of their investor centers, you ought to bypass communicate with them. If no longer, use the toll-unfastened telephone extensive type to chat with an consultant. i'm no longer saying the different 3 are not ok as properly, I merely have never worked with them. As to your question approximately earnings, the answser is definite. you owe tax on the earnings, whether you reinvest it. As a tip for novices, I definitely have 2. evaluate a mutual fund particularly of somebody inventory. in case you p.c. to take a place in guy or woman shares, placed money into companies you comprehend approximately, and you like their products, and that they are worthwhile.