looloo1 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

What happens if you cut off ur cats whiskers and eyebrows?

not all the way cut off just really short

will that affect my cat?

because i did it!

they were way to long and they were bugging me!

haha chill out people

i didnt even do that

im not that stupid i was just womdering what they use them for

Favorite Answer

I did that on accident once. But please don't do it on purpose! Cats use their whiskers for balance, and to gauge whether or not they will be able to fit inside a space.

Source(s): Previous experience with my own cat Im a vet tech

Never, never cut a cat's whiskers. The rule function for the whiskers is this ... the length of the whiskers is as long as the widest width of the cat. They are able to feel their way around with their whiskers as far as where they can and can not fit into. Ask a vet, they will tell you the same thing. NEVER cut their whiskers. Would you like it if someone cut off your ears because they were bugging you????

Never cut your cats whiskers or eyebrows off, cats have them there for a reason, and be careful if you cut them too short people might consider it as abuse

You should NEVER do that. Just because they're 'bugging you' doesn't mean you should take matters into your own hands and just cut away! Cats use their whiskers to balance themselves, and to feel around. Thats like just taking off someones fingers because they're bugging you. I think they grow back, but talk to your vet, maybe they can give you something to help him. Don't do that again!

You should never do that. Your cat needs them to feel around in the dark. There other reasons you shouldn't cut them. Read the link I post below.

Never do that again. You should never had done that in the first place. They use their whiskers to feel things in the dark.

You have cut off her/ his feelers. Cats use whiskers for measuring...poor thing.

um, a cats whiskers are its "feelers" they have nerves in the whiskers i think. so please leave poor kitties whiskers alone. it probably was painful having them cut off.

Don't do that. Your cat will be upset. Its kinda handsome look for your cat.

He MIGHT bump his nose on things,but most for most cats it won´t

cause that much problems.

Don´t cut them off completely though,just trim them.

:D