Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Whats an easy potatoes side dish to go with hamburgers?

i have golden potatoes and vegetable oil and no milk. i have spices and velveeta cheese. any help?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lazy Day Potato Pancakes

3 ½ cups frozen hash brown potatoes

2 large eggs

¼ cup grated onions or ½ tsp onion powder

1 tsp seasoned salt

½ tsp black pepper

2 tablespoons of cracker crumbs (I use corn flake crumbs)

Combination of butter and olive oil for frying

Place the frozen hash browns in the bowl of a food processor. Use the steel blade and process with an on and off motion until the potatoes are finely chopped or cut up by hand with a knife. Leave the potatoes in the food processor while you crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat them with a fork or whisk until they’re fluffy. Stir in the grated onion and the salt and pepper. Mix in the cracker crumbs.

If you used a food processor dump the potatoes on a cutting board. Blot them with a paper towel to get rid of any moisture. Then add them to the mixture in the bowl and stir them in.

If the mixture in your bowl looks watery, add another tablespoon of cracker crumbs to thicken it. Wait for the cracker crumbs to swell up and then stir again. If it’s still too watery, add another tablespoon of cracker crumbs. The resulting mixture should be thick, like cottage cheese.

Place the butter and olive oil in your frying pan. Once the oil and pan are hot measure to drop in the batter in the pan. Keep the pancakes about two inches apart, and cover the bottom of the frying pan with them. Flatten them very slightly with a spatula or you spoon so the potatoes spread out and don’t hump up in the middle.

Fry the pancakes until they’re lightly browned on the bottom. That should take 2 to 3 minutes. You can tell by lifting one up with a spatula and peeking, but if it’s not brown and you have to do it again, choose another pancake to lift.

Once the bottoms of the pancakes are brown flip them over with your spatula and fry them another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the other side is brown. Lift out the pancakes and drain them on paper towels. Serve hot.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Teuna
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

How about hash browns w/ onions? LIke you'd do for breakfast. Or use hash browns and make a casserole: Sinful Potatoes 1 (26 oz.) bag frozen hash brown potatoes 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp) 1 (10 ¾ oz) can Cream of Celery soup 1 (10 ¾ oz) can Cream of Chicken soup 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream (can use lowfat) 1 medium onion, finely chopped Combine all ingredients, place in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350ºF for 45-60 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly.

• 1 decade ago

Baked french fries. Slice potatoes and cut into steak fries, put potatoes in a cold water bath to remove the starch (makes for a crispy potato) drain well and pat dry. drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and bake in a 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until crisp.

• 1 decade ago

I cook these AT LEAST once a week-- so easy and wonderful:

Peel about 10 medium potatoes and cut in med chunks

Peel 3 large vadalia onions and cut in large chunks

Mix them in a large bowl

Pour enough oil over them to coat (about 1/4 cup)

Mix in a packet of Dry Onion Soup Mix

Add salt and pepper to taste

Pour onto a baking pan.. ( I cover my pan in foil and spray with Pam for easy clean up) Bake in 375 degree oven for about 40 mins.. Check them with a toothpick to make sure they are done.. Cool in pan for about 5 mins.. These are wonderful and easy!! Sometimes, I cut up my potatoes and onions earlier in the day.. Just make sure the potatoes are stored in water so they do not turn..

Source(s): personal experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

slice the potatoes and toss w/ a tablespoon or two of oil and a combo of your spices..include salt and pepper. Spray a baking sheet and lay your potatoes out on that. Bake at 350 till crisp and golden. If you want you could grate velveeta cheese over them before serving or serve as is.

• 1 decade ago

Garbage

Hamburger meat

Home fries

scrambled eggs

Topped with ketcup or cheese

• 1 decade ago

Fries

• 1 decade ago

I usually slices them up. Put them one a sheet of tin foil, add onion (optional) add some butter, sprinkle on some lowry's seasoning salt and wrap up the foil and cook them on the grill and they are delicious. They take a little longer than your burgers to cook so you'll want to start them earlier. But everyone I've had try it loves em to death.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Fruits are sweeter and take less effort to get ready, generally, so I tend to eat more fruits. Unless we could talking caned, but still, you usually heat up the veggies, so another vote for fruit.

• 1 decade ago

NACHOS AND CHEESE IF YOUR A GOOD COOK

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.