Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Can you use Mousse with a Lace Front Wig?

I want to buy a lace front wig, but i want to know: if I bought a wig that was straight, could i use mousse to make it wavy, and straighten it when i want to?

Favorite Answer

If the lace front wig is Human you can put mouse on it and make it wavy. you can straighten it also. now if the lace wig is synthetic you have to be careful. there are some that you can curl and straighten, there are some that you can put a certain amount of heat on.. and there are some that if it touches anything hot it will just melt .

now if you want a lace wig that you can do anything to and will last 6months to a year or even longer .. check out www.elitehaironline.com for elite hair & Beauty lace wigs for Full lace Remy lace wigs that you can do anything to.

Wig Mousse

It depends if the wig is human or synthetic hair. If it it human hair you can use any heat appliance, mousses, gels, & all other products without any worry. If the wig is synthetic you can not use any heat appliance, it will burn the hair. (unless otherwise stated on the package, it will also tell you the highest heat setting you can use, 220 F for example) You also cannot use any products with alcohol because that will also diminish the synthetic hair. You must find products made specifically for wigs/extesnsions.

Source(s): hair stylist

You can if it's human hair or if the synthetic fibres allow you too (keeping it under 200F is best) but otherwise not.

The link below has a care guide for each texture - but the long and short of it is that you will get more wear out of it if you don't heat style it. Hair products are fine, just make sure they don't shrink the lace.

Cheers

Chaz

No, You should not straighten your wig.. It may get burned. Trust me. My one got burned too. But you can use a mousse.

It depends upon the girl's point of view. To be able to be honest, I like longer tresses on guys, they certainly know just how to express their own style and also it makes me happy

long hair all the way! i just posted a question regarding my hair also. i thought about getting it trimmed but everyone will be telling me no