Stuffed moth toy pattern?

I'd like to make one for a friend. Does anyone have any how-to tutorials or patterns? A butterfly one would work as well, I guess, with a little modifying on my part. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It shouldn't be hard, if you sew. Think it through as visually as you can. Get some moth-wing colored fabric (a fat quarter would be plenty, which you can even get at crafts supplies stores that don't really sell fabric on the bolts) and something dark for the body.

For the body, cut an elongated oval (2 identical ones, actually) a bit bigger than you want it to be. Cut 4 of the wing shape. A lopped-off triangle would work, provided it's the point you lop off to make a 4-sided figure.

Sew two wings to each body piece. Put the two pieces together. With right sides together, sew around the wings and body. Be sure to leave an opening along one wing for turning. Turn it, stuff it, and sew up the opening, Finagle the stuffing so it's where you want it, then hand-sew up the sides of the body piece. That will define the wings better. Add any details you like, and voila, there's your moth.