Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

"The Crucible" questions?

So my teacher assigned us this huge packet, but I don't know a few of the questions (and I don't have the book). Any help??

From Act One:

1. What does Betty Parris reveal about what happened in the woods?

2. What is the dispute between John Proctor and Thomas Putnam?

3. What does Giles Corey reveal to Reverend Hale?

4. What ultimatum is Tituba given? (after she is accused)

Act Two:

1. What did Abigail reveal to John? Elizabeth reminds him of this.

2. What lie did John tell to Elizabeth that makes her more suspicious of him?

3. What news does Mary Warren reveal to John and Elizabeth about the trials?

4. Why does Mary warn John about testifying against Abigail?

Act Three:

1. As this act opens, what accusation does Giles Corey make?

2. What news do we hear about Rebecca Nurse?

3. What two pieces of evidence are brought out against Proctor in regard to his Christian nature?

4. What is Hale's advice to John Proctor as he is about to read his disposition before the court?

5. What happens when Hale states that Abigail has always seemed false to him?

6. What does Hale do when Proctor is arrested?

Act Four:

1. What is the condition of Salem at this point?

2. How does Andover differ from Salem?

3. What does Reverend Parris want Danforth to do?

4. What is John's excuse for confessing?

5. What is Elizabeth's proof that John is a good man?

Okay, I know it's a lot but any little bit would help me a LOT so if you know anything, please help!

• Feisty
    Favorite Answer

I recommend you use the sparknotes or bookrags study guides. No one is going to do all this for you.

LOL I would have recommended the book too, but the asker already gave the excuse she didn't have it!

I recommend you read the book and make notes on the answers as you read. Any honest person who might give you the correct answers would have read the book first for themselves.

The list of questions looks suspiciously like all the questions your teacher assigned. You are showing a lack of interest, maturity, responsibility (or all of these) in asking others to do your homework for you.

Your teacher may even consider it an act of dishonesty or cheating to use the answers others provide.

You say you don't have the book. If you really want to read it, you may find a FREE full-text copy at http://bookz.tripod.com/

So, run along now, and buckle down to some serious reading. You'll feel so much better about yourself. That's where true self-esteem comes from.